Chapter 16: More than friends

Start from the beginning

"Love is complicated, Kana... Isn't like math where everything has the right formula and just by following it'll work. Love is connected to other things too, like this sadness you saw. Not because love is sad but maybe because the person is sad that they're not loved back or because they lost their lover... There's an infinite of possibilities that we don't know, we just... Feel and try to deal."

"There is a possibility of the person being sad because they don't want to love the other?"

"Unfortunately, yes. Maybe by fear of being rejected, because the other is too bad to them or the person is afraid of not being enough... As I said, there's not only an answer..."

"But an infinity..." she pouted, looking down at her hand.

"Why this made you so miserable? The person is your friend?"

"Yeah..." he understands now.

"Look at me. The most beautiful aspect of love is the bond. If the person truly has feelings towards another, this bond will grow and pull them together somehow. Some are quick and others take time, but if the love is real, they'll find a way to be together no matter what or how."

"Really?" he nodded. "I get it...Thank you, daddy. I'm feeling less confused now."

After lunchtime, Izuku got to see Kana back to normal for the first time that day, immediately running to her when he went into the class.

"Hey! Feeling better now?" he smiles at her.

"Yeah, I just needed to talk a bit with my dad." her weak grin didn't reach her eyes at all. 'She still sad.'

"Kana, do you want to do homework together after class?" the boy asked full of confidence.

"Oh... S-Sure. Where are we studying?"

"Can be at your dorm or mine, your choice!"

"Ok, at mine them?"

With his confirmation, they sat down to watch the last classes of the day.

~🦊~

After coming back to the dorms and changing into some comfortable sweatpants and a t-shirt, Izuku made his way to Kana's room.

His hands are sweaty and shaking but he will keep going. Knocking at her door on the 4th floor, he saw her opening it slowly. Not failing to observe her purple shorts and a black t-shirt tucked into them.

Welcoming Izuku with a timid smile, Kana lead him to her comfy rug, where her books are already positioned with some pillows around. The fox still only exchanging a few words with him and not keeping eye contact at all.

They sat with their back leaning on the bed and soon started the homework. The only sound is from the birds outside and their pencil running against the paper. At least, for him.

Kana can feel his sideway looks from time to time and also listen to his pounding heart. The sad aura around him decreased, but still there. Kana sighed not understanding why he feels like this for liking her...

What about herself?

Kana is so interested in understanding the other that didn't notice her feelings. Maybe it's because she's so convinced that someday she'll naturally be with him that she just didn't pay attention to her heart.

But what does it means to Kana be with Izuku?

Taking into account that she is growing up surrounded by single men and in her past love wasn't present not even a bit, Kana is only basing her opinion on what she read in books.