Chapter 24: An Unhinged Prefect

Start from the beginning

In fact, nothing about him looked crisp or clean anymore.....
It was all dark and battered, but oddly... Beautiful, in a way, with silklike gleams pulsing through the fabric and leather of the outfit.

But his transformation wasn't complete. Not quite yet.

The black fog around him condensed into hovering droplets, forming shapes...
A spiky decorative ruff, like a wrought-iron fence, appeared under the tall collar. A pair of thorned vines arched out from the small of his back like the loops of a bow.
Then a sharp, ornate crown, hollow like black filigree, materialized on the side of his head.

A few more droplets slithered over his face, tinting his lips dark and clinging to his eyelashes like heavy mascara.
Finally, the remaining liquid spread out, creating an ornate heart-shaped pattern around his right eye.

Then he opened his eyes.

His eyes.....
....They weren't gray anymore.

They were a deep red, glowing faintly with an eerie light.
The light from his right eye grew in intensity, and ethereal scarlet flames flickered into life, surrounding his eye like a-- like a...

....Dammit.
She'd reached her limit with the fanciful descriptions...
And there was really only one way to describe this, anyway.
He had a fiery, glowing Sans Undertale eye.
That was it.
That was what it was.
It was red instead of blue and yellow, obviously, but that's exactly what it looked like.

The feeling pouring off of him now...
It was strong, almost too strong.
It was like gravity pressing down on her, trying to crush her.
She felt her skin crawl, goosebumps rippling across her body in colliding waves. It was an aura of-- of pure darkness...
Not exactly evil, but dark, crushing and painful.

"...Oh, god," she muttered, taking a few tottering steps back and clapping her hands over her mouth.
"Oh god, fuck..... What-- what HAPPENED to him?! What the hell-- what IS that?!"

Riddle looked down at himself for a moment, surveying himself almost robotically.

Then he started laughing.

It started off quiet, but rose quickly-- louder than it had any right to be.
There was a crackling, layered sound to it, like he had his mouth too close to a crappy microphone.

Still laughing, he spread his arms, actually rising into the air. A few rivulets of black liquid dripped off the soles of his tall boots, splashing into the puddle at his feet.
The laughter boomed through the air, too deep for a cackle, but way too loud for a chuckle. This was a full-on villain's laugh if she'd ever heard one, deep, menacing and full of pride and power.

After a second, he stopped laughing, drifting forward.
His tattered train dragged across the ground, along with chains of playing cards, trailing from his waist like long ribbons.

"All of you are disobedient fools," he declared.
His voice wasn't just crackly and layered... It was like there was another voice, a monstrous, inhuman voice, speaking at the exact same time he was.

"I have no use for the likes of you. Not in MY world."

Kat stepped back a bit more, hands pressed over her mouth and feeling herself start to shake again.

The puddle of black stuff churned and bubbled, and the ground was starting to shake again... Even harder this time.
Something was rising up from the puddle. The thick black substance started taking on a shape, with disgusting liquid-y noises.

"Here, in MY world, I AM the law," Riddle continued, spreading his hands even wider, like he was urging the... thing... to rise even faster.
"In MY world.... I AM ORDER ITSELF!"

Straight-Up Not Having A Good Time At Night Raven College: Chapter 1On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara