Bonus Chapter 1: Heart-To-Heart

************************************
Kat has a talk with Riddle after school, and encounters a very loud individual.
_______________________________________

Hands in her pockets, Kat strolled up to the stables.
There wasn't really much to say about them besides that...
They were, indeed, stables. Pretty big ones too, and well-kept.

There were a few horses roaming around in a paddock attached to the building.
They raised their heads, ears pricking, as she got closer.
Then they apparently decided she wasn't very interesting. Turning away, they went back to munching on hay or leaning against each other or other such horse activities.

She got closer to the stables, heading towards the open doors, when...

"WHO GOES THERE?! HALT!"

Kat jumped, startled.
"Ack! Fuck--"

She looked around, seeing a tall, broad-shouldered figure striding purposefully towards her.

"Um," she tried, but the other person was already speaking again... Or, more accurately, shouting.

"THIS AREA IS RESERVED FOR EQUESTRIAN CLUB ACTIVITIES FOR THE DURATION OF THE AFTERNOON! OUTSIDERS CANNOT JUST WANDER ABOUT AS THEY PLEASE!"

She flinched involuntarily, taking a small step back.
God, this guy was loud... Did he not have a volume control?
Even the horses in the paddock were starting to look uncomfortable, picking up their hooves and swiveling their ears.

The stranger loomed over her, hands on his hips.
Geez, he was tall...
He was probably a couple inches taller than the Headmaster and Crewel. How tall was that, six-two?

He had an angular, chiseled face with piercing eyes and strong as hell eyebrows, the same pale green color as his hair.
The hair itself was slicked back from his forehead in a kind of swoop...
God damn, how much hair gel did this dude go through per week?

She didn't know the masculine body types off the top of her head, but the best way she could describe this guy was...
That he was shaped like a small triangle on top of a tall cylinder.
He had that slim, athletic triangle torso, like some kind of martial artist, with sinewy arms to match. Below his ribcage, though, he pretty much just went straight down into a pair of long-ass legs.

"IDENTIFY YOURSELF AND STATE YOUR BUSINESS IMMEDIATELY!" He ordered, glaring down at her with sharp, olive-green eyes. "IN WHAT DORMITORY DO YOU RESIDE?! WHERE IS YOUR VEST AND ARMBAND?!"

Kat winced, shrinking back a little bit and gritting her teeth.
"I-- I'm sorry, I just wanted to talk to--"

"WHAT?!" He demanded, interrupting her. "SPEAK UP! DON'T MAKE ME REPEAT MYSELF, HUMAN! DIDN'T ANYONE TEACH YOU ANY MANNERS?!"

'Human'? She thought, still flinching a little as she stepped back.
That was weird...
He didn't have a tail that she could see, and his ears were fully visible, on the sides of his head where they 'should' be.
They were also round, not pointed like the Headmaster's.

His hair and eyebrows were definitely out of the norm, in her experience...
But, again, she was literally 99.999% certain, this was some kind of anime world, so that wasn't definite proof by any means.

"Look," she tried again. "I was just coming over to see if I could talk to--"

"TALK TO WHOM?!" He interrupted again, stepping forward until he was looming over her. "ARE YOU IMPLYING THAT YOU KNOW SOMEONE IN THIS CLUB?! I'VE CERTAINLY NEVER SEEN YOU BEFORE! TELL ME THE NAME OF YOUR SUPPOSED ACQUAINTANCE, OR ELSE I--"