viii. respect the old man

Start from the beginning

The pinkette smiled. "Sorry! It's just so exciting. I cant wait to see everyone's costumes."

"I agree. I'm more excited to see yours."

"I have a feeling yours would be better," said Mina as she pulled her closer by linking their arms together.

"Obviously!"

The Todoroki girl rolled her eyes at Khione's words and chose to ignore it. She could tell that her ice persona liked Mina too. Khione didn't make negative comments about her, she didn't try to freeze her to death, and she didn't curse at her like she usually did with people she do not know well. Mina's easygoing nature softened Khione's cold one.

Outside the exit of Ground Beta, All Might stood there tall with his fists on his hips like Superman. He watched the students with proud as they revealed themselves, walking out with a newfound confidence.

"They say the clothes make the man, young men and ladies. Be fully aware, from now on you are heroes!" quoted All Might. "That's great everyone. You all look cool! Now shall we begin, you zygotes?"

Khione snickered under her breath at the term. "This guy, really," she sighed.

"You look so sexy, Khi! Look at those curves and skin!" exclaimed Mina.

It was true, the costume that Shizuka wanted was so revealing but it benefits her quirk. She could generate coldness from her skin easier, and Khione loved the feeling of chilly air brushing against her white flesh.

Shoto made sure to keep an eye out for perverted eyes. He knew that his sister could take care of herself, she proved it to him countless times, but there was no harm in protecting her.

Khione smirked, a hand on her hip. "Khi? cute. You look ravishing yourself."

"Now, it's time for combat training!" announced All Might.

Iida raised the palm of his hand as he called, "Sensei!"

"Yes?"

"This is a battle center from the entrance exam, so will we be conducting urban battles again?" he asked.

"No, we're going to move two steps ahead!" All Might held two fingers up. "Most of the time, fighting villains take place outside, but if you look at the total numbers, atrocious villains appear indoors at a higher rate. Imprisonment, house arrest, backroom deals. In this society filled with heroes, truly intelligent villains hide in the shadows. For this class, you'll be split into villains and heroes and fight 2-on-2 indoor battles. Since the total amount of students is an uneven number, one group would have three members in it."

Asui queried, "Without basic training?"

"This is a real battle to understand those basics!" he answered. "However, the key this time is that there's no robot you can just beat up."

This time it was Yaoyorozu who asked a question. "How will wins and losses be determined?"

"Can we beat them up anyway?" questioned Bakugo.

"Will the punishment be expulsion like with Aizawa sensei?" Uraraka's soft tone almost made Khione feel bad for her.

"How will we be split up?"

"Isn't this cape crazy?"

Something inside her snapped. Khione couldn't take it anymore.  "Can everyone just let the old man speak?" she interrupted, exasperation laced in her tone. She sighed in relief when no words came out from anyone's mouth.

All Might slumped his shoulders, a bit of embarrassment crawling in because of the term he was called. "Thank you, Miss Todoroki," he said, feeling glum. "Now, listen here. The situation is that the villains have hidden a nuclear weapon somewhere in their hideout. The heroes are trying to dispose of that. The heroes need to catch the villains or get the nuclear weapon back in the allotted time. The villains need to protect the nuclear weapon for the whole time or catch the heroes," he explained.

The number one hero grabbed a yellow box labeled as lots. "Teams and opponents will be determined by drawing lots!"

"They're being decided so haphazardly?" stressed Iida.

"Pros often have to create makeshift teams with heroes from other agencies," stated Midoriya. "So, maybe that's why?" he guessed.

"I see. The discernment to look ahead..." Iida paused as he came into a realization. Suddenly, he bowed. "Please excuse my rudeness!"

"It's fine. Let's do this quickly!" Excitedly, All Might pulled a tiny paper scroll from the box and read, "Midoriya Izuku and..." he pulled another one, "Uraraka Ochako!" He continued to pick teams and when it reached Khione's, she has never felt so much disappointment in her life.

"Todoroki Shizuka, Bakugo Katsuki, and Iida Tenya are team D!"

Iida felt uneasy being paired with the two. Observing his classmates, he noted that Khione was brazen and unpredictable with her actions which makes her dangerous, as he calls it. And Bakugo, he's simply aggressive. In Iida's opinion, he hasn't seen any sign of intelligence from him. He thinks without giving it a second thought. But, he was bound to be surprised.

All Might moved onto the next stage, picking on which team gets to be the villain and hero. Team D was picked as the villain and Team A, who consisted of Midoriya and Uraraka, were the heroes.

Khione didn't know what excited her more. Being the villain or seeing Bakugo glare at his green haired opponent. She had a feeling deep down that she recognized Bakugo, and she was right. He was the victim of the slime incident. The reports described a boy from middle school just dashed into the scene and attempted to save him. With the pictures being shown online, it was clear to her that the boy was Midoriya.

"I wonder what broccoli boy did," she mumbled as she stared at him.

Feeling eyes on him, Midoriya averted his gaze from Bakugo then to the person who was behind him. He felt shivers down his spine when he made eye contact with Khione. Satisfied with the reaction, Khione walked away and slightly brushed her arm with Bakugo. She didn't care to look back. She just hoped that they would win.

They have a fast runner, a boy who could make explosions from his hands, and a girl who could make ice and turn everything into one with a single touch. How could they possibly lose?

"Villain team, go in first and set up! In five minutes, the hero team will break in, and the battle will start!" instructed All Might. Just as the three were about to go in, All Might called them. "Learn to think from the perspective of the villains. This is pretty real close to a real battle. Don't be afraid to get hurt and go all out. If things go too far, I will stop it."

"Why would things go too far anyways?" Khione dropped her gaze on him.

Sensing this, Bakugo glared at her. "Got something to say, ice queen?"

"Ice queen?" she repeated as a grin danced on her lips. "I don't hate it."

The boy huffed and walked in the building, bumping his shoulder with hers when he walked past. For now, Khione decided to let that action past. Her teacher is right in front of her, she cant do anything to him.

Yet.

࿇ ══━━━━✥◈✥━━━━══ ࿇

#STARSOO SPEAKING ! ꒱ i hope you liked this chapter and sorry for the delay :') i was caught up with my studies and i forgot all about it. anyways, i thought about not cutting it from the action scene but then it would be too long. next update is on sunday!