Chapter 21: Hope Of The Adults

Начните с самого начала

"It's totally contradictory, riiight?" Monaca agreed.

The Servant let out a soft laugh. "No, you misunderstand. In order to get rid of all the despair, you first must let it flourish. Wait until the despair has grown to its largest size, and then burn it, all the way to the roots.  And after that, only hope will remain. That is the world I seek. There is nothing contradictory in that. ...Well, not that it even matters."

"Ptoo! So you're gonna burn the crops and salt the Earth, huh!?" Kurokuma barked.

"Ufufu, you really are amusing, Mister Servant." Monaca admired before looking up at him in the eyes with a blank expression. "Despite the fact that you know you've fallen into despair, you still fight for hope... Could it be from Big Sis Junko's influence? Or were you always like this?"

"..." The Servant didn't respond.

"Who cares, Monaca!? Just let this chump exit stage left already!" Kurokuma urged. "There's somethin' way more fun and refreshin' waitin' for ya!"

Monaca nodded. "Yep, that's right! I'm reaaally looking forward to it. Ufufu... Just how will the world look through the eyes of The Successor?"

Kurokuma laughed. "Monaca, you're so into it! Your heart resonates! Hot enough to burn!"

"Thank you, Kurokuma... For giving Monaca such a splendid plan..." Monaca smiled as she hugged him.

Kurokuma made a flop-sweat. "Uh yeah, stop it... Your little hills... Up against my body... Ah, are you pushin' those little buds on me!? Aw, you doin' this on purpose, Monaca? Monacaaa!"

"..." The Servant made a quick grimace, but it just as quickly disappeared.

Monaca let go and faced the Servant. "Thank you for your hard work, Mister Servant. I'm sure we will not see each other ever again."

The Servant nodded as he left.

---

Meanwhile, back in Towa City...

The Big Bang Monokuma kept stomping towards the enemy base while the adults were armed with countless weapons. Suddenly, the giant Monokuma stopped as the girls and Haiji stepped out.

"Mister Haiji! We're all here, sir!" A man said.

"Good. Thank you." Haiji said as he walked to the front, facing the other adults. "Everyone! Hear me out! First off... I gotta apologize to you guys." He let out a sigh before continuing. "The reason I was always down in that base wasn't because I was waiting for an opportunity... That was just an excuse. Really, I was just scared shitless by those kids. Heh... Makes me a pretty bad leader. But then someone snapped me out of it. Those three girls over there, neither kids nor adults..."

The adults turned back to see Komaru, Aki, and Toko. "H-Hi..." Komaru nervously waved.

"Thanks to them, I've finally woken up. No matter how scared you are, if you want a hopeful future, sometimes you gotta fight for one." Haiji said with a determined look in his eyes. "So never again! Never are we gonna hide and cower and lose what we care about! Now it's time to stand up! With our hands, we're gonna take back this city! We have the power now! With Big Bang Monokuma, we can do this! So listen up! Teach those deranged kids who really runs this town! Towa City! Our home! Our town!" He raised his fist up into the air as the crowed roared with support.

"Th-This is..." Toko lightly bit her thumb. "Things are turning for the worse..." She said, looking at the Big Bang Monokuma.

"Isn't it better if the adults are...a little more calm?" Komaru looked nervous.