Unexpected Time Travel Part 1

Okay, just to be clear, Arthur and the Knights know about Merlin's magic :3 I don't own Merlin, BBC does, so yeah, on with the whatevery you want to call this! :3

"Merlin, where are we?" Arthur asked confused and frustrated. He, his knights, and Merlin had been hunting when they came across a strange clearing. As soon as they stood foot on it, everything blurred around them and now they're in a village of some sort. Merlin frowned. 

"I believe we're in Ealdor, but it seems we've gone back in time, somehow." 

"Sorcery?" Arthur suspected. 

"That's precisely it." Merlin said tensing up as he noticed his younger self making his way towards them unknowingly. "Sire, I think we should get moving." 

"Why?" 

"Well, if my younger self sees us, it'll just make things more complicated for us." 

"Right, which way is he-er- are you headed?" He asked confused. Merlin frowned as he spotted his younger self getting closer. 

"Let's go this way." Merlin said taking off left, the knights and Arthur in tow. "If I'm right about what's about to happen, I suggest we find cover in the cave." Merlin knew what was going to happen next. 

"What's going to happen?" Gwaine asked curiously, yet eagerly. Merlin grinned sheepishly. 

"Let's just say, as a kid, I was known for felling trees and this time I nearly flattened old man Simmons." Merlin said snickering. 

"Well that's not nice." Leon said frowning. 

"Eh, if he never liked me before, then he really didn't like me much afterwards." Merlin said snickering still. "None of the kids actually liked him anyways." Merlin shrugged as the others shook their heads. As soon as they all had stepped into the cave they heard a crash five miles away and a lot of angry cursing. Merlin chuckled as he got some looks of disbelief. "And you didn't believe me..." Merlin said shaking his head. "Anyways, shouldn't we be focusing on how to get back?" 

"Yes, you're right." Arthur said once he found his voice. 

"Do you have any ideas?" Elyan asked looking at Merlin. Everyone had gotten over their shock now that they remembered the situation they were in. Merlin sat cross-legged on the cave floor and pulled out his magic book and started skimming threw it. 

"Well, I have two ideas. One is to look in here and see what I can do and if that fails then we'll have to use my second idea, which will be very difficult." 

"And what's this second idea of yours?" Arthur asked impatiently. 

"Well I'd have to ask Kilgharrah for help but he's currently locked up beneath Camelot and we'd have to sneak in and we'll definitely be executed on the spot if we get caught." 

"How's that?" Gwaine asked curiously. 

"Well, Uther would think we were sorcerer's and kill us; thus, killing our past selves and we end up not existing at all." 

"My father wouldn't execute me." Arthur scowled. 

"Arthur, right now you're what, eight years old? If you just waltz into the castle and talk to your father, he'll have thought you a fraud and execute you and you know he won't listen if sorcery is involved." Merlin explained not looking up from his book. 

"You've thought this out, haven't you?" Percival asked amused. Merlin shrugged. 

"It just seemed like common sense to me." 

"Let's just hope we don't have to go talk to the dragon." Leon said frowning. Merlin frowned. 

"If it has to come to that, I know a way to get to him without being seen but it'd be very risky if all of us went." Merlin said sighing.