[Vol 1]Chapter 18

Start from the beginning

Aria's P.O.V

I was soon infront of the Rembrant Company front door. Walking inside I was a bit amazed at its size and various contents.

'So this is the Rembrant Company... This place is big...' I thought as I walked towards the counter.

"Welcome" A employee greeted me.

[Hi, Sorry for not talking, but I came to talk about the request at the guild, Is Mr.Rembrant here?] I asked as he sweat dropped at my method of communicating, but quickly composed himself when I mentioned the request.

"Oh, the Ruby Eyes! Please wait a bit." He told me as I nodded.

"Moris! There's an adventure here!" The employee called out as an butler soon came out the doors.

"Thank you for taking on the request. I will call for the Master, so please wait in the drawing room." The butler named Moris told me as I nodded and followed where he leading me.

When I passed him to enter the room, I could feel that he definitely wasn't a regular servant. Especially with so much experience and bloodlust hidden under his eyes.

'I'll definitely need to stay on my toes.' I thought as I walked into the room.

The room looked very nice making my gaze wonder as I took in the details to a tea just in case I needed to make a escape or not.

'They said he's a reasonable man, so hopefully things progress smothly.' I thought.

"Thank you for waiting. Your Aria... I am correct? I looked at your letter of introduction. I am Patrick Rembrant, the Rembrant Company president." The man who just came in introduced himself.

'Heh, he's more younger than I thought... also he looks more like a nobleman then a merchant.' I thought.

[Hello Mr.Rembrant, It's nice to meet you. I'm terribly sorry for not being able to speak to you, but I have certain circumstances that won't allow me so I hope you have no problems with this.] I told him as he sweat dropped.

"...Okay, I understand." He said as I nodded and we both too a seat opposite of eat other with him sitting in the chair while I on the couch.

"So, when did you arrive here, Aria?" Mr.Rembrant asked me as Moris placed some tea on the table.

[I arrived in this place yesterday, from all the way to Zetsuya which is about 3 towns away.] I responded.

"I see, please forgive me, while I've remembered most the adventurers that could take on a Rank S Quest, I couldn't seem to recall your name." He said as I nodded

'That means he has a multitude of connections... This guy seems like one of those shady types...'I thought.

[Actually, this request was changed from a rank S to a special request.] I told him.

"Oh, it changed rank? Well I don't particularly mind that..." He replied.

[Also there's something else I would like you to understand.] I told him.

"...Go on." He told me as I pulled out my card and handed it to him. When he looked at the details of it his eyes widen in shock.

[I just recently registered with the guild and I'm only Level 900 Rank E. This will also be the first request I have taken, so I hope you'll understand that. Also I'm thinking of becoming a merchant and starting my own company some day.] I told him.

"It would seem that you wish to form connections with my company, but don't understand anything. I'm sorry, but this conversation is over. It would be better for you to look into Ruby Eyes instead of my company." He told me narrowing his eyes at me as I just sat on the couch unfazed by such a gaze.