Blast From The Past

Start from the beginning

Lizzie paused as her hand landed on a book. She grabbed it and turned it over in her hands. It looked like a tiny grimoire.

Well, it looked like this coven wasn't a very creative one, if this was all the spells they had. She opened it, freezing on the first page.

She was wrong. The reason they didn't have a lot of spells was because they didn't need them. This single spell was enough for a legacy that would last centuries.

They had cracked time travel. Holy shit. And if this entry was correct, it had just happened. Then, the words she thought earlier came to mind.

'The family that wasn't...' existed somewhere. Hope's mom, Hope's dad, her uncle. They all existed in the past.

Except reading the entry told her enough - to change the past was to destroy the future. Destroy time itself. It was too dangerous.

But there was a reason Lizzie was known as the more cunning twin, she always knew how to find loopholes.

And a single loophole could change the game.

She stared at the pages. She couldn't change the past, but what if she brought the past to the future...at the exact moment those people would cease to exist.

It was a risk but it could work.

But she couldn't save everyone. She likely could only go to one time period. Any more than that could destroy the world.

So, there was a choice to make. Save Hope's dad and uncle or save her mom. It wasn't her place to make this decision, but she was the only one that could do it.

There were also other risks to consider. Hayley Marshall had died surrounded by a bunch of people, but Klaus Mikaelson and Elijah Mikaelson were alone.

Less witnesses, but there was also the hollow to consider. If she saved them, she would put them all at risk by bringing it to the future.

Especially since Hope was now at her most powerful. If it took control of her, it would all be over. So, unless she could kill it before it could even do anything, trying to get Hope's mom would be the better option.

Unless there was a way to kill it.

It was an extremely powerful being. It wasn't possible to kill it without killing the person carrying it, but it also wasn't possible to contain it. There was no trap strong enough in the world that could.

Then, she realized. No prison in this world could hold it, but what about one that wasn't in this realm of existence.

A prison world could hold the hollow. It was like a lightbulb had gone off. If she could move the hollow into a new person. Then, trap them in the prison world fast enough, it wouldn't be a problem.

With the plan in mind, Lizzie stood up. In order to do this, she would have to return to Mystic Falls.

It always came back to Mystic Falls, didn't it?

<><><>

Lizzie had cloaked herself the moment she arrived back in town. Mostly because she didn't want to risk running into anyone. But also because she had sensed that Hope was back as well.

A potential problem, but only if she knew she was there.

Lizzie had considered her options. She needed a prison world, but the only one left in existence held Rafael and his family.

So, that wasn't an option. Creating a new one was her best bet. Although, despite how much bad luck she'd been having, she noticed that there was going to be an eclipse tomorrow.