𝐏𝐢𝐜𝐤 𝐮𝐩 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐡𝐨𝐧𝐞

🖤 𝐀𝐥𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐧𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐂𝐞𝐬𝐚𝐫 𝐱 𝐓𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐬 𝐦𝐚𝐥𝐞 𝐑𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫 🖤

Your phone rang out again, filling a once-dead silence with a shriek.

This was the seventh time tonight. Almost every hour that goddamned ringtone would play, signifying its desperate attempt to break you down and get you to pick up. You didn't know how much more you could take.

A singular tear slipped down your cheek as you stood, finally giving in to the urges. With shaking hands, you picked up the receiver and held it up to your face.

"... Hello?"

Slight static noises were heard, followed by a smooth laugh.

"You finally decided to pi-ick up the ph-ph-phone?? How wonderful." The glitched sentence made a sick feeling rise in your stomach, your grip on the receiver tightening.

"What do you want from me, God damn it?! Why can't you just leave me alone!" Your voice shook, a small whimper slipping past your lips as you fought back the urge to sob.

"Oh, you kn-o-o-ow exactly what I want, [...]. You've se-e-en other alternate cases bef-o-o-ore I'm sure." You could just hear the grin in its voice. It was driving you insane.

Silence followed, the familiar lump in your throat growing almost painful as you lowered the receiver. Your chest heaved, eyes darting across the bleak living room to try and find any form of protection.

"Spe-e-e-echless, Hm? I'm fla-a-a-attered." It laughed a maniacal, staticy laugh. You clenched your free fist, the knuckles of your fingers starting to throb.

"You're a sick fucking monster..." The damn broke, and your voice wavered as you cried. Warm tears posted a stark contrast to your cool face.

"I know." The being on the other end of the line's voice taunted you, a slight hum present after his simple statement.

"Why do you keep tormenting me like this?! Why don't you just kill me instead?!"

Just as fast as your words escaped you, the other line went dead; the hum of a dial tone striking terror into your very core. Slamming the receiver down, you ran to your bedroom, harshly shutting the door behind you.

Stillness engulfed you, a shaky sigh slipping through your lips as you sat on your bed. The tranquil moment was cut short by a loud Bang on your door, coercing a shriek from you.