chapter 4- coffee, black.

We drive and park outside this place called 'griddys doughnuts'.
We get out of the car and walk inside. There's no one here wich was expected considering what time it is. We walk over to some chairs and sit down.
Five rings the bell and this other guy comes into the coffee shop, sitting besides us.
"Sorry, sink was clogged. So, what'll it be?" This old women who works here says. Guessing she's the only one working here right now.
"Uh, give me a chocolate Éclair." The man next to us says.
"Mhm, sure.. can i get the kids a glass of milk or something?"
"The kids want coffee. Black."
"Cute kids. -she says with a chuckle. Five just gives her a sarcastic smile.- okay." She says going to make our orders.
"So, this place sucks." I say.
"Yeah, dont remember this place being such a shit hole. I used to come here when i was a kid, used to sneak out with my brothers and sisters and eat doughnuts till we puked. Simpler times uh?" Five says, looking at the man in the last part.
"Uh, i suppose. -they waiter gives us our orders.- i got theirs." He says paying for us.
"Thanks.. you must know your way around the city."
"I hope so, I've been driving it for 20 years."
"Good, i need an address."
The man gives us the address then leaves.
"Was that about the eye?"
"Yeah." Five says, putting the paper with the address in his pocket.
Suddenly, a group of agents come into the place.
"That was fast. Thought i had more time until they found us."
"Didn't even get to drink the coffee." I say slightly annoyed
"Okay, so let's be professional about this, yeah? On your feet and come with us. They want to talk." One of the agents say.
"I've got nothing to say."
"It doesn't have to go this way. You think i want to shoot a kid? Go home with that on my conscience?"
"Well i wouldn't worry about that."
"You won't be going home."
Me and five look at each other and he nods saying we can kill these mother fuckers.
Five begins space jumping around and fighting the agents while i get up and go fight them without the powers.
I go up to this man and stab his arm with a fork, getting his gun from his hand then headbutting him on the face breaking his nose making him fall down where i shoot him then go on to his other agent friends.
"Hey assholes!" Five says distracting them so i can get them from behind without them knowing.
"Damn, you guys are not great at this are you?" I say with a grin as i bash this guy's head into a table and then step on his throat.
One of the agents stabs five on his arm wich gets my attention.
"Oh no you don't." I say as i go up to him punching him to the ground then stabbing this throat then nuts.
"Thanks love."
"Don't mention it." I say winking at five.
After that we finish taking them down after tricking them into shooting each other.
We notice their tracking devices so we decide to get rid of the gps tracker that the commission put in our arms.
We cut our arms and fish the device out of it.
"You ok babe?"
"Yeah, shall we?" He says signaling to the door so we can get out of here.
"Hell yeah." I say as we walk away.
"Wait let me wrap your wound." I say as i rip off a part of my suit and use it to make his wound stop bleeding.
He just stares into my eyes with his cute smile in return.
"What?"
"Nothing, i love you." He says.
"I love you too. Now, where are we going?" I say now wrapping my own wound.
"I know a place."
We get to this building and climb into one of the second floor apartment.
"Your gonna tell me who's place this is now?"
"Eh you'll figure it out soon." He says making me roll my eyes.
A minute goes by and the front door opens revealing vanya. Five turns on a lamp to get hers attention.
"Jesus!"
"You should have locks on your windows."
"I live on the second floor."
"Rapists can climb."
"He's right about that."
"You two are so weird. -she says shutting the door.- you must me y/n, I've herd about you."
"Nice to meet you."
"And don't call him weird."
"Sorry- is that blood?" She asks looking at fives clothes.
"It's nothing."
"Why are you here?"
"I've decided you're the only one we can trust."
"Why me?"
"Because your ordinary.. because you'll listen."
"Okay." She says going to get a first aid kit.
"Here, I'm gonna clean this wound ok? Do you mind if I take care of yours too y/n?"
"Nope."
"When i jumped forward and got stuck in the future.. do you know what i found?"
"No."
"Nothing... Absolutely nothing. As far as i could tell i was the last person left alive. A few years later i found y/n. We never figured out what killed the human race but i did find something else. the date it happens... The world ends in 8 days, and we have no idea how to stop it."
".. I'll put on a pot of coffee." She says.
After that me and five begin explaining what happened for a while.
"We survived on scraps. Canned food, cockroaches, anything we could find.."
"Ew don't even remind me if that last one-"
"You know the rumors that Twinkies have an endless shelf life? Well it's total bullshit."
"I can't even imagine.."
"You do whatever it takes to survive, or you die. so we adapted. Whatever the world threw at us, we found a way to overcome it."
"We as in you two or more?"
"You got anything stronger?" Five asks.
Vanya pours us some whisky.
"You think I'm crazy."
"No, it- its just- it's a lot to take in."
"Exactly what don't you understand?"
"Five-"
"Why didn't you just travel back?"
"Gee, wish I'd thought of that. -he says sarcastically.- time travel is a crapshoot. I went into the ice and never acorn-ed.. you think i didn't try everything to get back to my family?"
"If you grew old there, you know, in the apocalypse how come you two still look like kids?"
"I told you already. I must've got the equations wrong."
"I mean, dad always used to say that.. time travel can mess up your mind. Well, maybe that's what's happening?"
"This was a mistake. Your too young.."
"No, five-"
"Too naive to understand."
"Wait! -i hold his hand to stop him from walking away and let her finish talking.- i haven't seen you in a long time and i don't want to loose you again. That's all. You know what, it's getting late and i have lessons early and i need to sleep and I'm sure you do too. Here.. -she says putting blankets on the sofa.- we'll talk in the morning again ok? I promise.. night."
".. night."
She goes into her room and goes to sleep. Five and i sit down on the couch.
"Try to take it easy with her, i mean in her situation i know you'd be sceptical too."
He grabs the glass eye from his pocket and looks at the name on it.
"You want to go there now don't you?"
"Yeah."
"Okay then. Just let's be quiet i don't want to wake her up."
He agrees and we head out of the apartment then drive to the place that made the eye. By the time we get there, it's already morning.
We get inside the hospital and go up to the floor that takes care of that sort of stuff.