#𝟭𝟴 brain and heart

Start from the beginning

He saw her walk past her window. At first glance, he noticed her hoodie, his hoodie, that she had kept and purposely kept it tucked away in her drawers. At second glance, he noticed her tear stained eyes. And he knew they were all because of him. Something he was always good at was making the one he loved the most cry.

He breathed out and climbed up the ladder, staring through her bedroom to see High School Musical Three playing on her TV before knocking on her window gently, careful not to wake her parents.

"Psst!" He knocked again, noticing her ignoring him. "Ryker, let me in." He watched her roll her eyes and stand up from her bed, walking towards her window as she wiped her eyes dry, rolling them as she approached the smiling boy. "How do ya do?"

"Asshole in the flesh! What a surprise!" Ryker said, looking down at the boy with a sarcastic smile and backed up so he could climb in, watching him stumble as he stepped into her bedroom. "What are you doing here?"

"I wanted to talk to you."
"I don't have anything to say to you."

Far from true. She had everything to say to him, and no idea how to word it. Could she even say it? Out loud? Or to his face? Tell him every word she's never said aloud and kept in the lump in her throat?

"Then let me do all the talking." Finn stepped closer behind the brunette who walked over to her Record Player and turned off the music, walking over to her dresser to avoid being near him. "Haley and I broke up."

Ryker turned around and looked at him with a blank stare, looking down at the ground afterwards and stepped backwards, leaning against her dresser.

"Anything else?" She responded, watching him step closer to her again and she took another step back.

"She told me to tell her I don't love you." Finn told her and watched her eyes widen in surprise. He didn't expect anything less, just the look of shock he was getting right now.

"What did you say?" She questioned, twiddling with her thumbs and peeling at her cuticles, and shaking her hands.

"I said, 'I can't." Her head snapped up at his response, eyes wide and heart racing as she looked him directly in the eyes.

"You-You can't? You can't... what?"

"I can't say I don't love you." Finn stated. "Because I do."

Now it was all out to the girl he kept it away from for so long. And he couldn't stop now, because there was still so much left unsaid that he couldn't leave.

"Do you remember when you first watched a horror movie by yourself? You asked me to come over just because you were scared and you didn't wanna be alone?" He asked the girl who didn't take her eyes off of him, watching him pace around the room. "And I kissed you because you were scared and you said-"

"your presence always calms me down." She finished his sentence for him. "I think that was the cheesiest thing I've ever said."

"That was when I realized I was in love with you." He confessed, looking her in the eye and watched a smile sprawl across her lips, and a soft glint in her eye. "I love you, Ryker."

Ryker couldn't stop the happy tears prickling her eyes. She chuckled, looking at the ground and feeling Finn's presence so close, there was barely any space between them. The tension so high you could cut it with a knife. He was so close to her she could feel his body heat against hers, she could smell his cologne lingering on his clothes, and feeling the sensation of his touch on her arm as he gently grazed his fingers along her exposed skin.