𝐕𝐈𝐈. 𝐍𝐏𝐂𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐘𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐨𝐰 𝐒𝐮𝐛𝐦𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬

Somehow Nigel was worse at driving a submarine than he was a jeep or a plane. Matt's stomach felt queasy as the bright-painted machine rocked beneath the waves and lurched with every change in direction.

"These seatbelts are hardly regulation," Principal Bentley muttered under his breath as the large hands of Jurgen the Brutal held up the pair of straps that should have been attached to the seat.

"Safety isn't exactly Jumanji's priority," Fridge retorted with a scoff. Most of the crew couldn't take their eyes away from the Principal, staring at the avatar they'd previously considered an enemy.

Nigel beamed and inhaled with a deep breath as if nostalgic as he looked over the ragtag bunch of adventures crowded within the submarine. "Dr. Bravestone. Famed archaeologist and international explorer, I'm so glad you've returned. I've been so anxious for your arrival."

"Here we go again," Fridge muttered under his breath, rolling his eyes.

"Franklin 'Mouse' Finbar. What a pleasure it is to see you again so soon," Nigel chuckled. "Your sense of humor always helps to lighten the situation and we could certainly use it if we're going to successfully face this next challenge."

"Who is this guy?" Principal Bentley questioned, whispering as he leaned over to Matt. The boy flinched at the proximity.

"Jurgen the Brutal, or should I say Jurgen the Benevolent," Nigel corrected himself with a cheeky grin as if he knew something the others certainly should have.

Matt choked. "Sorry. What?"

"After his defeat at the Fortress, Jurgen the Brutal reformed his ways and divided his kingdom's resources throughout Jumanji," Nigel explained as if the entire story was warming to the heart. "And on his path of redemption, he sought out Dr. Bravestone to make right the wrongs of his past and amend for the death of his parents."

Martha frowned. "I'm not quite sure that's how redemption works."

"Ruby Roundhouse, killer of men," The glee in Nigel's voice increased. "Welcome back to Jumanji. I've been so anxious for your arrival."

"What's wrong with this gentleman?" Principal Bentley asked, his brow furrowing with confusion.

"He's an NPC," Alex explained, barely keeping his balance as the submarine rocked again. "He's part of the game and has only been programmed to say so many phrases."

"So like what are we doing here?" Bethany asked, trying to keep the group focused. "The faster we get the magic jewel, the faster we get out of here alive, right guys?"

Nigel nodded his head. "Jumanji is in dire need of your help once again. It's all documented in the letter I sent Dr. Bravestone. Perhaps you should read it aloud."

Spencer scrambled to search his pockets, eventually revealing the letter with more dramatics than anyone else thought necessary. Sheepishly, he cleared his throat and began to read the letter. "Dr. Bravestone, it is my solemn hope that this letter finds you, for again..."

Like it had every time before, Bravestone's voice shifted into Nigel's as the cutscene played out before them. "Jumanji is once again in grave danger. We're in dire need of your help."

"What's happening?" Principal Bentley asked, his voice panicked.

"It's a cutscene, Dad," Matt explained. "Just listen and watch. It will be over in a minute."

"You see, the power of Jumanji is contained within three jewels. One for each realm: the sky, the earth, and the sea. I'm sure you're familiar with the Jaguar Jewel and the Falcon Jewel, yet there is still one more: Poseidon's Pearl. It was the final gift from the gods that allowed Jumanji to flourish for many years."