•chapter two•

Comincia dall'inizio

Darcy couldn't help but laugh, which caused Lando to pout and place a heartfelt hand over his chest. There was a stimulating dynamic between Indie and Lando, but she couldn't work out how these two could ever be friends.

Indie reached over and grabbed the driver's cheek and pinched it. "I'm just kidding, wittle Wando, you are hilarious." She cooed, "But Daniel, I hope this season is better for him?"

It had been no surprise that Daniel had struggled last season; the car just wasn't working for him, which Marty had suggested was because the car was built around Lando's driving style. Nevertheless, things were starting to come together by the end of last season.

Daniel was the personality in the paddock, brighter than the sun, but a spark was missing in him. Nobody could pinpoint it, but he hadn't been himself in a long time.

"Yeah, he looks like he just needs a hug." Darcy smiled as she gazed out of the window. "Poor guy."

Her words were enough to cause the two bodies opposite her to screw their faces up and burst into laughter. Lando attempted to apologise, but he was egged on by Indie, who was close to tears.

Darcy pouted. It wasn't even that funny; nothing remotely comedic about what she said. She threw her hands over her chest and stuck her bottom lip out.

"What you mean is he needs to get laid." Lando sneaked in, revealing something the girls were guessing Daniel had told him in confidence. "He said it's been a while, probably why he was so grumpy at pre-season."

Yes. The Australian had definitely told his teammate in confidence, and now he had blurted it out nonchalantly to Indie, who he knew had loose lips when she was drunk, and to a girl, he had just met.

"And that is where Peaches comes in," Darcy smirked wiggly, her eyebrows at the girl who was now resting on Lando's shoulder. "Now I know why you invited me. It will be like the Adventures of Peaches and Sugar in Mexico again."

It didn't take much to confuse Mr Norris, but even Indie felt for him trying to keep up with the inside jokes and stories being thrown between herself and Darcy. However, Peaches and Sugar was top secret; if they told him, they would have to kill him or ply him full of tequila.

"I'm not sure Bahrain is the best place for Peaches and Sugar to make an appearance...." Indie pondered, "But Marty warned the hotel to ensure there was tequila in our room." She winked.

Tequila was the poison of Darcy and Indie; they could drink it like water, which was both impressive and incredibly scary. It was one of those shots that affected them in entirely distinct ways, which t that surprising since both Indie and Darcy were very different drunks.

A customarily composed Indie was anything but, as soon as tequila hit her lips, she was the life and soul of the party and not to mention incredibly flirty. Lando had only ever seen this side of his friend once, and to his disappointment, she was already dating Emile Smith-Rowe at this point, so the brunette's flirtation was not directed at the driver.

Whereas Darcy got sweeter and more affectionate. Essentially meaning the girls switched personas. But it wasn't real - they were only drunk?

Anything and everything was a challenge until somebody took the last taco, and then hell would break loose. The August Bank Holiday 2018 fiasco events lead to Indie, and Marty, always having taco shells, jalapeños and vanilla ice cream in the house. It was an odd combination of comfort foods, but Darcy was anything but ordinary.

"So, will we go out when I win this weekend?" Lando interrupted before the girls could shut him out of another laughing-filled throwback fest. "Because I'm feeling lucky," He said, patting Indie's head.

She turned around, "I'm not a dog, Lando." Indie snapped.

Lando exchanged a look with Darcy, who shuffled into her seat. Great, that was a look of agreement. A new friendship had just formed in front of Indie's eyes, and something warned her to be scared. Her dad was right; Darcy and Lando would create a wave of chaos and, quite possibly, a tsunami.

"You are a bitch, though," Lando quipped. Darcy high-fived him, impressed with his quick tongue. "A nice bitch, but c'mon, your glare could turn someone to stone." He shivered as Indie sat up from resting on his shoulder.

Darcy chucked a grape over to Lando, "That's the glare, and boom, you're a statue." She chuckled.

Indie threw her hands up.

"I'm not going to deny it; if knowing what I want and not settling makes me a bitch, then who am I to argue." Indie nodded.

Now that was the truth. Friendships had never come that easy to Indie, which is why it was a miracle her alliance with Darcy had lasted so long. The brunette had what her dad called Black Cat Energy, whereas Darcy was a typical Golden Retriever. However, both girls called on those energies as one reason they stayed so close. They didn't argue over anything. The only taste they had in common was tequila.

"I bet I can catch more grapes in my mouth in 2 minutes than you can," Lando bragged, pointing to Darcy.

Indie scoffed, "No chance. Have you seen the mouth on my bestie?"

•••

TYSM FOR THE LOVE ON THE FIRST CHAPTER!

It's so fun writing these characters from my own perspective...

ALSO, there will be some differences in this story but they will of course be vetted through the OG author

Lando and Darcy are going to be CHAOS