#28- Blinding Lies

- Coммeɴтѕ αɴd Voтeѕ αre αpprecιαтed★

I was awakened before the crack of dawn, it still being very dark outside. Feeling the presence of someone's hand gently shaking my previously sleeping self.

"What is it?" I ask, rubbing my eyes to try and not fall back asleep.

"Nothing to worry about, just letting you know I have to go now to go to work. I'll be back soon enough." I heard Mr. Terushima's deep morning voice from behind me as I heard the bed creak from him moving to get off.

"Okay..." I agreed, gripping the bed sheets as he got off.

"Hey, it's okay. I'll make you some food and set it on the desk, along with some snacks." Even though I couldn't see his face in the dark, I could already imagine the soft caring look on his face.

As I heard rustling down in the kitchen, I brought my legs into my chest hugging myself. Mr. Terushima quickly finished down stairs hearing his quick steps coming up the stairs again.

"Here," he said setting the food down, "I love you." He smiled as he kissed me.

I felt my eyes widen at that, when was the last time someone said something like that to me?

Hearing as his steps began to faint, the engine of his car being turned on and driving away.

What's going on? This isn't me... this isn't right.

I can't seem to stress the fact none of this was right! I'm not supposed to be in whatever relationship this is with my own teacher, Teacher!

That's right...

He's my teacher, not my lover, not my friend.

He's only supposed to be there for a short period of time and guide me in life...

If he's only my teacher, why does my heart tighten?

Why does my chest hurt when he brings me into a hug, hands rubbing my back in comfort to soothe me to sleep.

Would I be in the right state of mind when someone comes to save me?

Are people even looking for me?
...

If they are, I doubt my mother was the one to even notice I went missing...

I just want to sleep and wait for Mister Terushima to come back.

I deserve love myself don't I?
Don't I deserve to be selfish once in a while?
...

Published 10/11/2022