ʚїɞ │Bad Idea Fifty-Two

Start from the beginning

I let out a frustrated groan and almost start punching the air as Lockridge High makes another basket. We're a couple of points down and the game is almost over.

This cannot be happening.

"Back up, Jacobs!" I yell at one of my teammates from across the court but it's too late. Once the ball is passed to him, he loses focus and also loses the ball.

I'm seriously going to throw myself out a window.

First, Easton gets hurt from his ankle and now we're losing.

I hope we get our shit together and win this fucking game.

"Pass the fucking ball!" Coach yells behind me and I watch as Elias gets ahold of the ball. He runs around the court, aggressively shoving past our opponents but his anger blinds him. A guy from the other team steals the ball and now they have it.

I watch as they score a basket and my body goes limp from the defeat.

Coach calls a break and everyone starts walking to their sides.

"I can see why you dated her, Reyes. She has a nice ass and big tits." Andrews, a member of the other team yells at me from across the court.

Anger builds up inside me and I walk up to him, "What the fuck did you just say?"

"Your ex-girlfriend? The lacrosse captain? I get why you––" I cut him off when I stand tall in front of him, "You better watch what fuck you say next." He laughs in my face and shrugs, "I don't know maybe I'll get a taste of that ass when we win this game."

I nod my head, my jaw clenching and my tongue runs along my inner lip.

Then I punch him, swinging my right hook into his cheek. I watch as he stumbles back before getting his balance. Then he lunges at me and we're surrounded by our teammates.

Andrews gets a few punches in but he's the one who ends up on the ground and me on top of him. I would have left him unconscious if Mark and Elias hadn't pulled me off him.

The referee comes up to me and points in my face, "You're out!"

I spit out the blood in my mouth and raise my hands. I step back and leave the gym. Walking past Malia and Josie who are staring at me in shock.

Fucking hell.

I head to the bathroom and start to wash off the blood from my hands. I even pull off my jersey to wash off the small blood that I got on it.

"Fuck, fuck! I fucked up!"

I start to hear someone come inside the bathroom, "Get the fuck out!" I yell at them but the footsteps get closer and louder.

Malia comes up to my view and she's looking at me with a worried expression. Her eyes glance up and down at the jersey under the water and my face.

I swallow down the lump in my throat before going back to trying to clean off the blood stains. Aggressively wiping the jersey with soap and water.

Malia comes up behind me and wraps her arms around my waist. My body goes still at her touch and she says, "Mauricio, stop." Then she grabs my hands and makes us turn off the water and let go of the jersey.