Chapter 2 : What an odd dream

After about half an hour of sitting in the shower, I finally decide to get out and dry off.

I sigh, looking in the mirror while drying my hair. "There is absolutely no way that actually just happened. Right?"

I turn around, scanning my body for any sign that the break in was a reality. I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding in, "Thank goodness. There's nothing there".

Maybe Im just sleep deprived. I blink, walking back into my room. I did sleep pretty late...

Quickly changing into a comfortable shirt, I get back into bed. Setting an alarm, I take a sip of water before trying to get comfortable.

Well shit. I groan, turning on the TV and putting on a random show to fill the silence. As one of the characters fades off the screen, I begin to drift off to sleep...

Letting out a small whine, I groan loudly. Slowly opening my eyes, I try to clear my brain fog. Huh? I thought I went to... "What?".

I look around me, spotting nothing but a large set of doors for what seems like miles. "Holy crap" I whisper under my breath, taking another glance around to make sure no one else is here.

I cautiously make my way towards what seems to be a large stone gate. I flinch slightly when they open as I'm walking towards them.

I gasp, taking in all of the scenery. I slowly begin to walk down the path, surrounded by beautiful ruins of what seemed to be an incredibly impressive kingdom.

"I've never seen anything like this before," letting out a small laugh, I smile. Looking up ahead, I spot a castle which seems to be in much better shape than the rest of my surroundings.

Shielding my eyes from the sun, I nod, deciding to make my way to the castle. I'll stop there. Maybe someone lives there and could help me.

I sigh, looking at my feet. This is what I get for sleeping barefoot. With one last groan, I begin the trek to the castle.

Looking around, I feel pity. The vast majority of the kingdoms architecture seemed to hint at what once was a beautiful and thriving empire. I wonder what happened here.

I sigh, stopping to look at what seemed to be a tablet of sorts. Before I could read it however, I felt a tap on my shoulder.

"HOLY SHIT!" I almost scream, turning around and falling onto my back.

"Oh dear, Im terribly sorry to have frightened you," A woman stands above me, with a worried face. She extends her hand, which I cautiously take.

"Im- gosh, Im so sorry for my language," I scratch the back of my head, dusting myself off. "Nonsense, I would have said much worse" She lets out a chaste laugh to which I offer her a smile.

"Hi, I'm Y/N" I offer her my hand, "Hello Y/N, my name is Lucienne".

Lucienne takes my hand in hers firmly, shaking it with a vice-like grip. I bite my tongue to hide the wince, "Its nice to meet you too!"

"So what brings you here, Y/N?".

The question catches my off guard, snapping me back to reality. "Well, I woke up here. I dont exactly know where I am". I look up at her, eyebrows furrowed.

"That doesn't sound to nice," She looks conflicted, mumbling to herself slightly. "Lucienne?," I set my hand on her shoulder, pulling her out of her daze.

"Yes, yes. Sorry, Y/N". I give her a small smile, letting go of her,"Its alright. I just had a few questions if thats alright?"

"Yes, of course. Please feel free to ask me anything." She clears her throat, dusting her clothes of non-existent dust.

"Well, you seem to know all about this place" I say tentatively, looking at her for he reaction.

"Yes! Of course I do, I am the Royal Librarian after all," Lucienne proudly remarks, flashing a wide, normal, smile.

"The Royal Librarian of what, exactly?" I quip, still looking extremely confused.

"Ah, right. You are in the dre-" My eyes widen as everything begins to blur.

"No. No, no no! This. No!" I let out a noise of frustration, trying to reach for Lucienne.

I wake up in my bed, alone.

I sit up, rubbing my eyes before remembering my dream. What the hell was that?

I move to the side of my bed, walking back into the bathroom to wash my face. I sigh. What an odd dream.

I hit my cheek a bit to wake myself up more. Hearing a small clink, I spot my lip balm rolling under the sink. Jesus, how did I not feel hitting that?

I lean down to grab the small tube, "Sorry lip ba—".

Suddenly, Im overwhelmed by the same fear I felt in the shower. There, right next to the lip balm I dropped, sat a knife.

A knife all too familiar to me. And most importantly: A knife that definitely wasn't mine.