Chapter 3: The Search Begins

Start from the beginning

By the time she reached the train, the fight was already starting to simmer down. Evie saw that Jacob easily defeated the blighters with the help of the Rooks. If Jacob is good at one thing then fighting would be number one of them. When Evie reached the side of the train, she climbs to the top of one of the wagons

"There you are," a deep voice says, just over the ledge Evie hangs from. "Come and get me you prick!"

'Be careful what you wish for Kaylock,' Evie thought as she looks over the ledge. She sees a large bulky man laughing at Jacob. As he whistles, the train starts to move startling Evie in the process. Jacob starts to run after the train like a mad dog. He makes it but many Blighters were coming on top of the train while Kaylock casually starts to walk to the front of the train.

With the help of a strong push, Evie comes to the roof. Jacob is killing his way through the Blighters towards Kaylock who awaits him. Evie saw him looking in surprise at the sudden appearance of Evie. A small smirk forms on her lips as he pulls out her gun, aiming it and firing at Kaylock. The bullet entered his chest making him stumble off the train. Let's say that he didn't have a soft landing. Evie's gaze goes back to Jacob who is breathing heavily as he pushes a final Blighter of the train.

"You know... you could have helped," Jacob says as he catches his breath. Evie smiles as walks towards him.

"Why bother when I saw you were doing great! I didn't want to steal your thunder, dear brother. And why, I helped. I killed Kaylock, didn't I?" Evie answers Jacobs as her arm swings around his shoulder.

"Right... at least we got the train now. Shall we?" he says motioning to a door leading into the train. "Yes, let's get this train sorted out."

Not much time was needed to get the train sorted out. After making sure the engine driver was paid well and assured she would be treated better, the twins drove the train back to the station. Henry pushed his way through the crowd with some of his belongings. Evie greeted him as she helped him aboard. Jacob was currently obsessed with the toy that belonged to Kaylock. A rope shooter of sorts, but it was broken.

"You know, it was an excellent idea to use the train as a hideout, Miss Frye," Henry says as he puts his items on a table. Despite being a gang leader. Kaylock was very insistent on having train compartments that contain everything someone could need. It was basically a moving house.

"Alright, we best start planning-"

"I am not doing anything until this rope shooter is fixed," Jacob interrupts Evie. Henry pops his head in between the deadly stare of Evie and the hardened one of Jacob. "I know someone who could help with that," Henry chimes in.

Jacob glances at Henry. "I knew you would, Greenie," Jacob says with a disgruntled voice. Evie sighs...

Two days went by as they settled in their new hideout and secured their hold on Whitechapel. It was becoming clearer to Evie that Jacob was seeking glory by wanting to get into action. Fighting the Templars across London. Evie was more of an opinion to secure the Piece of Eden. It is no wonder he hasn't become a Master Assassin yet, the council was right about that at least.

Henry Green still managed to avoid a full-blown fight between the siblings. Jacob goes after Templar targets while Evie investigates the Piece of Eden. Her search starts with the mystery twins. It is why Evie went to them. To see what is happening in the world of Scott.

Henry gave her the address of their house and now Evie looks at a medium-sized home. It is located in a wealthier part of town, but it still doesn't scream money. Another strange observation, Evie thought. If they are reeling in money, how come they live in an average house? Without further distracting thoughts, she knocks on the door and waits for it to be opened.