I open the text message from Tommy. I reread it once, knowing I probably won't be one of the few to post teasers.

"Quackity?" I say, "You went quiet."

He stifles a laugh. "Have you not–"

A text goes through on the group chat from a random number. I read it once, and my jaw grinds in irritation.

"y/n and I will post one! Just let us know what to do, Tommy," I read the message aloud to Quackity.

Quackity laughs. "I don't know why I got it so much sooner than you."

"This is a joke." I still can't believe the message. "Is that really George's number? Did he just volunteer us?"

He's unable to respond through his laughing.

"Do you see why I find him annoying now?" I ask.

"Okay, that's just bad timing," Quackity is still trying.

The elevator doors slide open, and George walks out with a suitcase in hand. He seems to be in no hurry to get over to me. His eyes scan the lobby, and he even smiles when he meets mine.

"Speaking of the devil," I say to Quackity on the phone.

"Yeah, on that note, I'm going to go." Quackity lets out a nervous laugh. "Tell George I said good luck."

As George gets closer, I see the dampness of his hair. Water droplets fall from his hair onto his shoulder, causing the gray shirt to go a little darker.

"Morning," he says.

"What happened to 7:55?" I ask.

"Is that coffee?" George points to my cup. "I might get something to drink before leaving."

"George," I say again, "I've been waiting for almost half an hour for you."

"Well, I wanted to take a shower." He shrugs. "And then I realized I didn't need to get there right at 7:55."

"So you just gave up on any time at all?"

"Well, okay, I didn't intend for it to be this long," George admits, "but Dream called me about his computer set up. I had to help."

"You couldn't have done it on the road?" I hope my annoyance is bleeding through my words.

"Guess I didn't think of that."

I roll my eyes, grabbing my phone and standing from my seat. "You are so annoying," I remind George. I'm only a few steps away when I turn around. "And don't think I'm not upset you volunteered to post us on twitter."

I start walking. George follows closely behind while he continues to talk. "It'll get the people talking; they've never seen us together."

I don't turn around to speak. "Yeah, because I find you annoying."

"Well, maybe I'm like TommyInnit, and it's just at first," George tries to joke, "then eventually you'll love me."

I open the trunk of my car, but I keep my eyes on arranging the suitcases. "In no world would I love you, George."

"Okay, maybe not love." He huffs. "You'll realize my charming personality."

Now is when I look at George. It's one of those moments where you just stare for a couple seconds and wonder what in the world went through their head right before they said that.

I shut the back door. "I don't think I'll be able to even tolerate you, George."

I sit in the front seat, inputting the information into google maps. George gets into his seat and buckles.

It takes a second for the smell to register on my side. It's a deep, strong smell floating through the air.

My nose scrunches. "What is that?"

His brows furrow. "What?"

"Your cologne," I explain, "It is so strong."

"What?" George repeats before lifitng the collar of his shirt to smell it. "Dream got me this for my birthday."

"Okay and?" I don't see the relevance of who he got it from when it's like an axe bomb in my car. "Did you decide to bathe in it this morning?"

He smells himself again. "I thought I used the same amount as always."

I roll the windows down slowly, staring George right in the eyes.

He laughs. "You're being ridiculous."

"Am I, George?" I ask, "Or are you just a walking headache?"

He shakes his head before going onto his phone. "Speak for yourself," he mutters.

author's note:

didn't even get on the road in this chapter haha

have an amazing day!