ᴀʙᴏᴜᴛ ʟᴀɪʟᴀ

UNHEARD KOOK

LAILA MICHEALS ...
laila micheals. the unheard kook. that's what most people called her. she used to be quiet, but now she is completely silent.

laila has a father-chris micheals. he is the reason for lailas behavior. yet he blames her. of course he does.

when lailas mom was pregnant, she was told she wouldn't survive the birth of her daughter. she would either have to have an abortion, or give birth to the fetus then pass away moments after.

her mom chose laila.

chris didn't like that.

chris wasn't happy. he wasn't ready to raise a child with his lover, so he clearly couldn't by himself. he didn't want to loose his wife and would rather her stay. he always told the woman they could adopt later, but she wanted their daughter.

chris' wife was his whole heart. so when she passed from giving birth to their laila, he was livid.

he couldn't look at his daughter without hating her. she killed his wife. and it was all lailas fault. that's what he thought.

growing up since the age of four, chris would harass his daughter. verbally. it wasn't until she was six that he hit her.

laila was a social butterfly when she first started to talk. she didn't really think anything of her fathers words, since she was so young. but the day he hit her. that changed her.

she wasn't the little friendly kook anymore. she would talk but only if talked to first. she developed bad social skills and couldn't do anything the same.

everyone looked at it normal. all kids are loving and talkative when they're younger, than become insecure and quiet. she just started off young.

the thing that got people nervous was seven years later, when she was 13, she stopped talking completely.

she shut down and wouldn't even talk to her friends. nobody knew why.

nobody knew what happening in the micheals household.

nobody knew that the reason the their favorite little girl stopped being so outgoing, was that her father started abusing her at six years old.

nobody knew that the reason laila micheals had completely shut down to every person on the island at 13, was because it was the first time chris micheals sexually assaulted his daughter.

laila now 15 hasn't said a word in two years. too traumatized with the abusing and
assaulting continuing.

her father too busy being drunk to realize the scarring he has caused to his daughter.

her father too busy being drunk to realize that it's his daughter he is fucking with no consent, not a random whore who has a love for the feel of his hands.

and that's laila micheals' story. that's how she became the unheard kook.

UNHEARD KOOK