Episode 3-3: Moon Shadow -The Inherited Fight-

Start from the beginning

'Nothing has changed yet... But like how...? Could it be my bracelet thing again?'

Kiana realized that Dr. Magi wasn't doing anything to retrieve the Gem and stared at it in confusion.

"Hey, Gramps? What's wrong? The Gem is right there! Let's just take it!"

The three took a step forward slowly to the digital containment and started to inspect the Gem with their head moved even closer with deep sight and focus.

"Let me take a look...." Dr. Magi muttered. The suspicions started to increase even worse as he looked at it, with a trail of sweat coming from his forehead.

"None of this adds up. This building is heavily guarded... But why is the storage room left wide open?"

"...?!"

A beeping noise came from their side, and they glanced at their head in reaction.

"A digital Honkai Meter for measuring ambient Honkai levels...." The scientist moped to the digital measurement device that displayed "3086". The device warning noise was starting to beep at a faster rate.

"The Honkai level is still rising!" He exclaimed profoundly, holding the device in the grip of panic.

"I GOT IT! I know what she's trying to do with the Gem!" 

He swung his hand in a hammer fist, smashing the table with his best power. Eyes widened in hatred, his forehead formed a wrinkle, and he realized a bit too late what their plans were.

"Cocolia! You mass-murdering maniac...!" He vented in rage. Hand clasped on the side of his face in distress, and his whole body slumped to the ground in a helpless state.

Both expressed their shock when they witnessed the scientist drop himself to the ground. They crouched down instantly and started to confront the older man desperately.

"Dr. Magi! What's going on here?! Slow down, just slow down...."

"Gramps? Are you alright?"

Kiana and Y/N held his shoulders with their hands to ease him from pressure.

Dr. Magi couldn't help but to clasped and cover his face entirely with his palm, forming a regretful look while exhaling a sob... "Oh... What have I done? I should have never taken the Gem to her!"

His eyes opened wide, and his eyebrows lowered with force behind his fingers, shifting his grief to a more venting, rageful, and unforgiving expression.

"That Witch was never interested in learning about the Gem. Finding a suitable candidate to wield the Herrscher powers will take too long... She wanted something quicker...."

He viewed the outcome with his imagination when the Gem was about to detonate. It depicted an intensely bright light with a big explosion emitted all the way around the city, destroying everything in collateral damage and creating an outbreak of Honkai energy.

"She chose to immerse the Gem in a Honkai-Rich environment fueled by a Mini-Honkai reactor! Once the Honkai level goes critical, an unstoppable Honkai cascade will start...!"

"The Gem serves as a material to trigger an artificial Honkai Eruption... Right in the middle of a densely populated city-state... And if there is a compatible individual amongst the millions who live here... That person will turn into a new Herrscher...."

And when he mentioned the last sentence, it reminded him of the previous outbreak tragedy that shared the same incident he imagined.

"She's done this before... The Nagazora Outbreak she created killed millions and gave birth to the 3rd Herrscher...." He concluded.