Chapter Eleven

Depuis le début

Alastriona put a comforting arm around Darcy's waist. "Are you going to be okay?" She asked.
They were making their way to the seventh floor.

"Yeah-- yeah I'll be right." She said, softly. "It was all very reasonable, I said what I had to say and then left, it just might be a bit awkward."

They stopped walking. Usually where there was just a wall on the seventh floor was now an ornate door. Alastriona opened the door and walked in, Darcy closed it behind them.
They waved to Harry, Ron and Hermione before moving to stand with Blaise, Theo, Dawn and Tracey.

Zach Smith turned his nose up at the group. "Who let all the snakes in?" He said spitefully, Alastriona hissed harshly in his direction and he flinched, Theo to snickered and Blaise pulled her away and brought her into his side. 

"I did." Harry answered loudly, glaring at Zach. "They're good people."

Zach kept his mouth shut, moving to stand further away from them.

Harry waited till all of the group had arrived.
"Well, this is the place we've found for practices, and you've obviously found it okay--"

Everyone chimed in, impressed at the room.

Fred gazed around the room, confused, "It's bizarre, we once hid from Filch in here, remember, George? But it was just a broom cupboard then..."

Dean asked about the Sneakoscopes and Foe-Glass sitting behind Harry.

"Dark detectors," Harry said. "Basically they all show when dark wizards or enemies are around, but you don't want to rely on them too much, they can be fooled..."
He stopped to check on the Foe-Glass before moving on. "Well, I've been thinking about the sort of stuff we ought to do first and--" Hermione had her hand in the air. "What, Hermione?"

"I think we ought to elect a leader." She said.

Cho sat up straighter. "Harry's leader." She said, looking for anyone to say no to her.

Hermione nodded. "Yes, but I think we ought to vote on it properly, it makes it formal and gives him authority. So everyone who thinks Harry ought to be our leader?"

Everyone's hands shot up.
"Right, thanks," Harry said awkwardly. "And-- what, Hermione?"

"I also think we ought to have a name." She suggested cheerfully. "It would promote a feeling of team spirit and unity, don't you think?"

Angelina Johnson immediately suggested they be the Anti-Umbridge League.

"Or the Ministry of Magic are morons Group?" Fred said.

Hermione rolled her eyes at him. "I was thinking more of a name that didn't tell everyone what we were up to, so we can refer to it safely outside meetings."

They eventually all agreed on Dumbledore's Army, the DA for short.

"Right," Harry began again, "Shall we get practicing then? I was thinking, the first thing we should do is Expelliarmus you know, the Disarming Charm. I know it's pretty basic but I've found it really useful--"

"Oh, please," Smith said, immediately hostile. "I don't think Expelliarmus is exactly going to help us against You-Know-Who, do you?"

"I've used it against him. It saved my life last June." Smith shut up. "But if you think it's beneath you, you can leave."
Nobody left.
"Okay, I reckon we should all divide into pairs and practice."

Alastriona paired with Theo.
She disarmed him and he glared at her before retrieving his wand.

Harry came around and for a single moment he hesitated before telling Theo to adjust his grip and showing Tracey the best way to stand.