Chapter Sixteen

Cedric Diggory was cornered in a nook and cranny of Hogwarts, facing off against Alastriona Breen.
"I told you, I'm not upset with you." Cedric said, eyes downcast to his shoes.

"Oh, please!" Alastriona scoffed. "You've been ignoring me for so long now I'd be surprised if you knew what colour my hair is." Cedric's grey eyes flickered up to her and she smirked at him, "Made you look."

Cedric fought off a smile.

"Ced," Alastriona began and moved closer to him, "I knew you were going to get selected. And I know that you're going to win, without a doubt in my mind I know it'll be you."

"Why are you so keen on helping Harry then?" Cedric asked dubiously.

"Because I already know you'll win but I don't know if Harry will even survive and I'd like to make sure he does." Alastriona confessed in a harsh whisper.

"I—" Cedric groaned and rubbed his eyes, to Alastriona's surprise he let out a sympathetic laugh. "You know, Little Red," Cedric began, "sometimes I forgot how big your heart really is."

Alastriona didn't reply. She smiled, a light heat rising to her freckled cheeks.
Cedric opened his arms and she sniffed then went into them immediately, she wrapped her arms around his waist and pressed her face to his chest, listening to his steady heart beat.

"You'll always be in my mind, Cedric, and my heart," Alastriona vowed, she tilted her head to look up at him, "I promise."

Cedric chuckled and smoothed her hair down before stepping back from her, "As long as I'm on your list of important people, that's good enough for me."

Alastriona laughed, her head tipped back and a wide, toothy grin on her face, she'd missed Cedric deeply.
"Come to dinner with me?" She asked him.

Darcy's dark blue eyes were filled with humour as she stared at her best friend

Alastriona was breathing heavily, her hair was tangled in nots from her fingers continuously running through the red locks.

"I can't find my sweater, where did I put it?" She mumbled to herself, digging through her trunk.

Darcy kept watching her, she'd been at it since this morning, mumbling and wandering around with no idea where she was going. Darcy chuckled under her breath, "Which sweater, Red?" She asked.

"The black one, the one I embroidered with the pink flowers..." She replied, entirely distracted.

She had reached the bottom of her trunk and there they were. The photos she'd taken from what was meant to be her childhood home, she took them out and placed them on her bedside table, this way she would remember to frame them.

"Found it!" Darcy's call pulled her from her memories, she turned and Darcy was holding up her sweater. Black with newly embroidered pink flowers at the ends of the sleeves and at the hem. "You put it on my trunk." Darcy said, both of the girls decided not to question why.