NEVE'S CONSPIRACY

༄ · °

NOEL

"I'M STARVIN' THOUGH," Liam Gallagher complained, whinging like a child. He was practically tugging onto Noel's sleeve and dragging him in the direction of the canteen. His older brother was the first person he saw and so, he decided he'd be the one he dragged along to lunch that day.

"Good for you, kid," Noel replied with a sarcastic drawl to his voice, he shook Liam off. "Liam, my heads poundin' 'ere and I'm not hungry, not at all. I just want a smoke."

"You were alright earlier!" Liam protested, "you're chattin' absolute shite, my heads pounding-aye my arse it is."

"It just came over me," the older lad sighed, cringing at the loudness of Liam's voice. "I was just in music and fuck, Tracy Magee was hitting that piano like it was no one's business, she reckons she's fuckin' Mozart or summat." He cringed reimagining the sound, "right in me ears as well. I feel hungover."

Liam finally gave up, scowling at his older brother, "you're a dickhead." He became childish again, beginning to walk away, "well, see when you're done with your smoke and can't find no one ta sit with, don't be comin' near me!"

Noel rolled his eyes, his footsteps beginning to take him in the direction of the unofficial smoking area. He'd already had a fag earlier on in the day, but he desperately needed another one, what with that bitch clashing piano keys and doing his head in.

There was a girl already hanging about, lighter in one hand and cigarette lazily positioned in her other hand. She looked stressed, pinching the bridge of her nose and massaging her temple.

Noel approached her, smiling slightly as he realised who it was. "Hiya," he said, slumping himself against the wall and looking around in his pocket for a cigarette.

"You again," Neve Turner groaned, leaning on the wall as well. At the sight of his smile though, her lips unconsciously turned upward.

"Oh shut it, Turner, ya love me," he told her matter of factly. He gestured toward her lighter, "how'd you get another one? I 'aven't given this one back," he pulled the lighter she'd given him during study out.

"This belongs to Jarvis," she explained, "I wrestled him for it in the corridors. I think I may have broken his foot and possibly traumatised him." It was true, she hadn't seen Noel about and needed a lighter, so she jumped on poor Jarvis, who hadn't seen her coming.

"Poor lad," Noel shook his head, lighting his fag. He threw the lighter back at her after, "you take that and return Jarvis', don't want him bein' scared of ya forever now, do we?"

"Nah, we don't," she nodded in thanks, shoving it into her pocket.

"What brings ya out for a smoke anyway? Feel like I never see ya out here," the Gallagher boy observed, "you're lookin' very stressed, Turner."

"Magee and that fuckin' piano," she complained, bringing her hand up to her face. "Who does she think she is? Beethoven or summat? I swear to fuck, whoever let her into A Level music has it comin' for them." Her Sheffield-ness came out of her when she was frustrated. Noel liked that.

Noel laughed, throwing his head back. "Funnily enough, I'm 'ere for the same reason." He became sympathetic, though his grin never faltered, "ya sure that's it though? You're lookin' more stressed than usual."

"You're makin' loads of observations there, Gallagher," she retorted, eyebrows shooting up. "But uh, yeah, I am more stressed than usual I suppose."

"Why?" He questioned, cocking his head to the side. "I know ya don't like me very much, but you can tell me."

"I don't not like you," Neve sheepishly said, scoffing as his beam became wider, "right, fuck off, I didn't exactly say I did like you either." She let out a big sigh, taking an extremely big drag of her fag. "Everything's just shit, know what I mean?"

"Not really," he responded, shrugging his shoulders and waiting for an explanation. "You need to give me more than that."

"It's hard to explain," she tutted, staring into space. "We're havin' that party for Justine, y'know?"

"Yeah, the one I'm not invited to," he answered, nodding along.

"Right," Neve said, "well, it just feels weird, y'know? Somethings not right with our group and I can tell it's not, I don't know from who's side or who's direction, but it all just seems very fake."

"Really?" Noel inquired curiously. He furrowed his eyebrows, "I don't know, yous are all close from what I've seen. Like I hate the rest of them twats, but they all love ya-Damon and everything."

"I'm probably makin' stuff up," she told him, "it's just Tracy and that fuckin' piano, she's got me going mental and now I'm making conspiracies up about my friends when everything's fine."

Suddenly, a wave of black hair came cascading toward them. It was Brona Monroe, panicked and anxious. She hadn't clocked onto Noel, only Neve.

"Where have you been?!" She exclaimed, "I've been lookin' everywhere. Oh my God, Neve. Liam Gallagher knows that I hate Damon, he knows! What if he tells him?"

"You hate Damon?" Neve asked, eyes filled with confusion. "Since when have you hated Damon?"

"I don't hate Damon!" She defended, "there was just a certain party I went to and he was annoying me, so I started ranting...to Liam, of all fuckin' people."

"Looks like we've both used the Gallaghers for our rants then, heh?" Neve spoke anxiously, pointing to Noel, who was still very much present.

"Hah, you were right," he told Neve. His gaze found its way to Brona, "r'kids gonna torture ya with that information. Good luck to you."

"Why is he here?!" Brona was extremely loud and frantic. "Oh fuck, all my friendships are about to be gone. This is atrocious, this is desperate-"

"It's alright," Neve soothed. "Why would Damon ever believe Liam anyway? If he ever says anything, we'll just say it's all bollocks."

"Well, you see," Noel cleared his throat, "I wouldn't let ya discredit my brother like that."

Oh shit.

༄ · °

NOTE;

wrote this during a free as i have fuck all to do!!-cheers for reading x

-cheers for reading x