Prelim

Naruto will never say that Sakura was being unfair to him even though she was relatively nice to this other kid with a disgusting ghost clinging to him. He also didn't get why they keep turning back around when the tower was so close until he realized that they must be trapped in an illusion. So he quickly noticed the three Ame Genin playing around with them, surrounded by angry dead Genin ghosts that really creeps Naruto out since he just saw their dead bodies.

He couldn't mold his Kage Bunshin as his chakra control was shot. He can tell that it has something to do with the seal the weird impostor put on him but he's busy so he didn't have time to deal with it. So he grabbed Sasuke instead, "Hey, Teme, use your Sharingan,"

Sasuke, still weird out by Naruto insisting that he has the ghost of Orochimaru sucking on his neck, activated his Sharingan. He stopped, "We are trapped in an illusion,"

Yakushi Kabuto, the Konoha Genin that had gone through this 7 times, stopped and cursed, "They are planning to weaken us,"

Naruto didn't like ghost clinging to Kabuto, its ugly and has too many faces and eyes and mouths and looked like black sludge muttering curses at him. Nope. He doesn't like Kabuto at all. Sakura looked around and just in time she dodged a kunai racing for her. Naruto blinked in confusion as they started fighting air before realizing that those shuriken and kunai coming at them were real. He looked around and headed straight into the forest.

It seemed the illusions don't work on Rikugan at all...

He knocked the one placing illusion out and the rest of his team started to retaliate. After a while, Sasuke asked, "How did you know who to knock out?"

Naruto frowned, scratching his head as he tried to explain, "I don't know how...just that I can see it...and him. I can see the chakra that he manipulates...I think it's my eyes,"

Sasuke snorted, "Nonsense. Not even my Sharingan can detect them,"

Naruto sighed, "I don't get it either, okay? My eyes don't work with chakra,"

This caught Kabuto's interest, "Oh? Mind explaining it to me? As a medic, anything new about the human body interests me,"

Naruto leapt away from him, "Sorry but I really don't like that ghost sludge thing clinging to you...yep, now they're glaring at me..."

Kabuto froze, "Ghost sludge?"

Naruto nodded, "I don't know what you do in your career but I think those are curses of the dead,"

Sakura tried to hit him, "Will you stop talking nonsense?!"

Naruto blinked as he evaded her hit, "And for some reason you have another, scarier Sakura on your back, dattebayo!"

"Shut up!"

He blinked, "Oh, you're in sync just now,"

This line of argument continued until Kabuto rejoined his team while they headed straight for the Tower, their scrolls acquired. Naruto looked at the poem on the wall and look at the ones in their hand, Sakura wondering what they should do now that they have arrived while Sasuke still looked confused by Naruto. Now that he looked closer at the blond, his blue eyes looked strange...like looking at the sky...

Naruto pointed out, "I think it's safe to open the scroll now,"

Sakura turned on him, "Anko said not to! I am not jeopardizing Sasuke-kun's career by listening to you, Baka!"

Naruto sighed, "Ask Sasuke then,"

Sasuke frowned, "Let's open it,"

Sakura's scary Oni face turned sweet at his suggestion, "Oh Sasuke-kun, you're so smart!"