1. Suspicious

Começar do início

Y/N and Jim locked eyes, both their faces falling with slight shock. It had been awhile since Y/N had interacted with another human.

Sure, she'd seen a few back at the spaceport but hadn't interacted with one is such a long time, especially one in similar age.

Y/N stood up a little straighter, taking a spot besides Silver.
"Oh yeah! How could I forget about this firecracker?!" Silver laughed heartedly, Patting Y/N on the back as she approached.

"Gee thanks" she rolled her eyes playfully.

"This is my darlin' Y/N" Silver held Y/N by the shoulders and presented her to the doc and Jim Hawkins.

Y/N looked up at Silver tiredly and nudged him in the stomach.

A small smile made its way onto Jim's face, glancing down at the ground. It was nice to know he'd be surrounded by one other person that was human, and wasn't his mum.
And someone his age as well, someone he could actually relate with.

This smile didn't go unnoticed by Silver.

Silver walked off now, back to the bench where he gutted some type or fished and threw some chopped vegetables into a pot, pretending to chop off his hand in the process.
"These gears have been tough getting used to, but they do come in mighty handy from time to time"

He cracked another three eggs into the pot before heating it up with the welding setting on his hand, then threw the mix into another pot sitting on top of the stove.

He sprinkled some more seasonings before giving it a little taste test, after humming in satisfaction he made two bowls. Handing one to Jim and the other to the doc.
"Here now, 'ave a taste of me famous bonzabeast stew"

Delbert dipped his tongue into the bowl.
"Mmm! Delightfully tangy, yet robust."

"Old family recipe" Silver replied. At the same time, an eyeball popped up from the stew, Delbert shrieked.

"Ah!"

"In fact, that was part of the old family!" Silver laughed, hitting Delbert on the back.

"I not'ing if I ain't a kidder" Silver winked, nudging Jim not the shoulder before grabbing him. "Go on jimbo, 'ave a swig"

Jim lifted up the spoon hesitantly, however it was like the spoon at the food itself before it grew eyes and turned into a pink blob.

"Morph!" Silver cooed.

"That's where you were hiding?!" Y/N shrieked, stepping besides Jim to gaze at the pink blob.
"You swore no cutlery!"

The pink blob giggled sheepishly, turning into a straw and drinking up the rest of Jim's stew.

Morph flew up to Jim cheek, stroking himself against it before grabbing Y/Ns hand and dragging her back to Silver.

"What is that thing?" Jim asked offensively.

"What is that thing?" Morph imitated.

"He's- a morph!" silver replied.

Y/N smiled, holding her palm out as morph shifted into a mini Jim, copying his stance upon her hand.
Jim reached out his hand to touch it, but morph quickly shifted back and flew to Silvers cheek.
"I rescued the little shapeshifter on Proteus one, took a shine to me, we've been together ever since"

"We're about to get underway, would you like to observe the launch doctor?" Mr Arrow offered, clearing the way for Delbert.

"Would I? Does an active galactic nucleus have superluminal jets?"
Everyone just looked at him weirdly.
"I'll follow you" he added sheepishly.