𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐧𝐞 - back home

Staring out the window of her car, Y/n was reminiscing all the familiar sights she's not seen for the past four years

Staring out the window of her car, Y/n was reminiscing all the familiar sights she's not seen for the past four years. She has been living in New York City since then. As much as Y/n loved the busy city, she longed for Denver's quiet and peaceful town. 

After a long car drive, Y/n and her family finally arrived at their new home. 

Y/n got out of the car and glanced around her. It was a warm day, the last day before summer vacation was over and the school year began. She remembered every house and everyone that lived there.

Down the street lived Robin Arellano, who was her close friend before she left. Curious to see if he still lived there, she quickly ran across the street and knocked on the door.

The long-haired boy opened the door. He still looked the same when Y/n last saw him, just older. The same bandana, holding his hair back, and the same smile. Robin's eyes lit up when he recognized her.

"Y/n? Is it really you?" Robin asked.

She let out a chuckle. "Yeah, I moved back here today."

"How long?"

"For good, I think," Robin's smile became larger. 

Robin helped Y/n move all her boxes to her room and helped unpack. While doing so, they caught up. Robin told her about all the friends he had made over the years and how all the people she knew before were doing. Robin's best friend was a boy named Finney Blake, which sounded familiar to her. 

After finishing everything for the day, Robin and Y/n went to Grab n Go, the local convenience store. It was the first time Y/n went there without her parents since she was a little kid and wasn't allowed to go out alone. 

The Grab n Go outside stayed the same. Entering the store, she noticed a few new things, such as more games and spaciousness. Looking to her right, she saw a boy with big, long, curly blonde hair playing the pinball machine. 

Robin and Y/n looked around the store, waiting for Vance Hopper to finish his pinball game so she could greet him. She didn't want to interrupt him because she remembered that the pinball machine meant a lot to him and would beat up anyone that interfered with his attempt to beat his high score.

A high-pitched 'ding' filled the room. She recognized that sound, and Vance beat his high score. So, she went up to him. 

Before Vance placed a quarter in the machine, he noticed a girl coming up to her. 

"I'm not interested. Go away," he said rudely, getting a laugh out of Y/n and Robin. Vance recognized that laugh and looked to his side. 

"Hey, L/n, you're back!" Vance smiled, walking up to her. Vance and Y/n were also good friends. Robin, Y/n, and Vance were known as a trio, but after Y/n left, Vance and Robin fell apart. They still acknowledged each other at school when Vance even went to go to school, but it wasn't the same without her. 

Y/n felt a massive wave of nostalgia seeing all three of them in the same room again. It was a good feeling. She didn't have friends as close as she was with Robin and Vance back in New York. 

She nodded. "So, you're still in love with that pinball machine," she said, leaning on the game. 

"Shut up, I'm not in love with it," he scoffed, placing a coin inside the slot and starting the game again. 

"Yeah, right, Hopper," Robin replied. No answer came out of Vance because he was so busy pressing the buttons and trying to beat his score.

Robin and Y/n greet him goodbye but only get a nod in return. They purchase some sodas and go walk around the neighborhood.

"I want you to meet Finney. He's got a game today," Robin said, taking a sip out of his drink. 

"Alright, what sport does he play?" Y/n asked. 

"Baseball."

"Oh," Y/n sighed. Robin gave her a confused look for a second, but then he realized what was going on.

"You know we don't have to go. We can meet him at the diner after—"

Y/n cut him off. "No, it's fine. It's been four years. Why would I not be over it?"

Robin pursed his lips, unsure if Y/n actually wanted to meet his friend but also to see her first heartbreak again. Nevertheless, they walk to the game together, Y/n's heart racing faster by the second. 

-

A/N:
hii i hope you enjoyed this chapter !! i'm back with a bruce book <33