Awakening

"Haa..."

Cale Henituse tiredly opened his eyes.

His first sight was a very familiar ceiling that he hadn't seen in months, (at least only to him). He groaned as he sat up, glancing around his room.

"From what she told me, today is the day after that punk beat me up, then that means..."

A single knock echoed the room.

"Young master Cale?"

"You may enter."

The opening door revealed Hans, one of the young butlers vying for the position of Deputy Butler in the Henituse Household. He looked quite nervous, though that was obvious why. Before Cale had been dragged into the killing game, Hans was his newly assigned butler. But since he went back in time and today is the day after that punk arrived, then that means...

The butler bowed, "Um, young master. Under the orders of your father, I have been assigned as your new butler since the previous one..."

"Left, I know, I already expected that." Cale nonchalantly waved it off. From when he was still a kid, Cale already knew something was off with Ron and after a bit of researching (in secret), he had an theory who he and his son might be.

He already knew that old man never cared for him, that was why early on, for nearly a decade, he would forcibly cut off any further attachments he would have felt for the butler.

That was why right now, Cale felt nothing. Neither positive nor negative. He didn't feel any sense of betrayal since he knew he would leave. He didn't feel angry that Ron never at least told him goodbye since he knew the butler never cared for him.

Ron never cared for him, and Cale never cared either in return.

Hans blinked in surprise and confusion. Why did the young master already knew this? Perhaps, did he expected that his butler would have had enough of his difficult behavior? Furthermore, the redhead didn't even look the slightest bothered by it, especially since he had just been beaten yesterday.

Cale stood up from the bed, not feeling any pain from the beating thanks to high-grade potions that was given to him, "Hans."

"Y-Yes?"

"Inform father that I need money."

The unusually stern tone in the young redhead's voice quickly spelled it out to the butler that he is not allowed to ask questions. Naturally, Hans just assumed that he would be using the money to buy alcohol. Well, he isn't wrong.

It's just that he won't be buying alcohol just for himself.

Cale stretched, his body felt slightly more frail than how he was used to, but since he spent months in that damn killing game before he went back in time.

"Now..."

Cale should find those two fools.

-----------------------------------------------------------

To anyone that's still confused, Cale was summoned in the killing game at least a week after he got beaten up and just before Basen went to the capital. He spent months in the killing game (it's a real life killing, not like DR2) and when he went back to the TBOAH, he returned at the day after the beat up. So it's slight time travel.