23 -twenty three

Magsimula sa umpisa

⌞ •°•❀•°• ⌟

"How the fuck did you two get out?" Esther asked quietly as her older brother pushed some hair out of her face. He only shook his head. "Don't know. Tom had his connections and Micheal, i don't know." he answere. "What happened to you?" he looked her up and down. "Nothing important." he hugged him tight and patted his back lovingly. "Let's get this plan of Tommys right."

Esther had washed the blood off of her face and hair in the ladies bathroom and quickly gathered her hair in a bun. The dress Polly had gotten her was uncomfortable but pretty. She liked the black silky fabric. It didn't scratch against her skin like other dresses usually do, she did preferr pants and a dress shirt though.

Her brother left her alone and she staid with Polly. Her aunt had told her to wait at the bar, that she had to take care of something. She sipped her whiskey and lit her next cigarette as she looked over her shoulder, next to her leaned a particullar black boy. "What do you want, Isiah?" he leaned over and took the cigarette out of her hand to take a puff as well. "I wanted to apologize, actually." she shook her head and gave him a small smile.

"I know you just did what Tommy asked you. Nothin' wrong with that." She took the last sip as she saw Polly walk around the courner. She pushed the empty glass towards the bartender and paid her drink. "I'll pay for his too." the man behind the bar took the money and placed the ordered drink in front of Isiah. Esther slipped off her chair and leaned towards Isiah's ear. "Since you're such a good boy." she brushed her index finger against his chin and walked off, leaving the boy flustered and stunned.

"You have blood on your shoes." she told her aunt quietly as she joined her. "Who'd you kill?" she asked, arm hooking in Polly's. The two women kept walking as she watched her aunt brush her hair out of her face and tears pricking at the corner of her eyes. "Whoever had to die, deserved it." Esther conclueded and lead her aunt to where her brother had instructed for her to be. "Campbell." she whispered. Polly's niece slowed down and eyed her aunt for any sign of what she had just said not being true.

"You just killed Campbell?" she yelled at her aunt in a hushed voice. "Yes." she whispered back. Esther suddenly felt a lot lighter, a big burden being lifted off of her shoulder.

She left Polly up on the belcony to drink some alcohol and calm her nerves. Esther brushed some hair out of her face and fixed the small straps of her dress on her shoulder. Dark purple and red bruises decorated her arms and hands. Her face still ached but the snow which Arthur pushed down her nose dulled the pain a bit.

She found Thomas as quickly as possible. Thomas' older sister made her way into the mens bathroom, not caring for the looks she got. "What're you doing here?" she looked him up and down. "Pol just killed Campbell." Thomas' eyes found hers as she washed the blood off of his hands. "Who did you kill?" her brother shook his head and focused on washing his hands. "Nothing's going like i planned." he spoke quietly.

Suddenly the door to the bathroom slammed open and within second a white cloth found its way over Esthers mouth, her consciousness gradually slipping away.

⌞ •°•❀•°• ⌟

Esthers eyes fluttered open as she heard someone walk over the soggy surfice which she laid on. She was cold, her naked and bruised arms sticking to the wet and earthy ground, her fingers so cold, she could barely feel them. "Esther?" she could her her brother say as she slowly got to her feet, not missing the men standing next to them, a big hole that has already been dug. "What is going on?" she asked as she watched her brother take a drag from his cigarette. He sighed and pushed the cigarette between her lips. Tom quickly took his jacket off and urged his sister to put it on.

"Those men are going to kill us." he said, taking another deep breath. "I'm so sorry, Esther." he grabbed her and engolved her in a tight hug. He held her tight as she staid silent.

Why was she here? Why was her brother here? Why was she damned to die like an animal? She had so much to do, so much to live for. Was that it? Why must her little brother die like this? The little boy who shared his candy only with her. The boy who cried in her arms when he got his letter and having to go to war.

Her little brother.

Life was unfair, so damn unfair.

One of the men grabbed her by her hair and dragged her to the hole. "Let her go, she can walk on her own." she could hear her brother protest. She stumbled with the man and finally was pushed into the hole, her brother after her.

She scrambled towards Tommy, reaching for his hand. Tears threatening to spill down her beaten face. "I'm proud to have you as my little brother." she reached for cheek, caressing the shaved face.

"I love you, Tom."

she whispered as the barrel of a gun touched the back of her head. "We'll always be sibling, even in death." she spoke. A moment passed before the sound of two bullets being fired cursed through her. Her brother had thrown himself over her, trying to protect her from the inevatable.

Though she didn't feel any pain, no bullet had entered her body. She opened her eyes and scrambled for her brother, what if he took both of them?

"I'm fine." he whispered. "I'm fine."

"At some point in the near future, Mr. Churchill will want to speak to you in person, Mr. Shelby. He has a job for you." One of the men spoke. He shot the others to relay his message. Esther couldn't speak as she clinged to her brother, the adrenaline leaving her body gradually.

"Fucking hell." she whispered before a sob left her mouth. "Come on." Her brother urged her and she scrambled to her feet. She wasn't dead, neither was her brother.

Life was going to go on.

══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*══

hi! thank you for over 35k reads!

I never imagined this little something to actually recieve any kind of recognition. Thank you very much. We're starting with season 3 in the next chapters and a lot of drama. be ready :)