𝐑𝐄𝐓𝐔𝐑𝐍 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐂𝐀𝐋𝐋

—————————————

—————————————

𝐒 𝐘 𝐍 𝐎 𝐏 𝐒 𝐈 𝐒

—————————————

The game always had a way of calling out to those desperate enough to listen. It was like a siren's call: impossible to ignore and death was a guaranteed result. It didn't matter if you plugged your ears or hummed a different tune to block out the sound, the call always found a way in.

Roni believed she'd bested the call. She'd thought if she ignored the primal desire just long enough, the sweet melodies would simply disappear. But she'd tasted adventure not once, but twice, and the call knows how to prey on its victims' weaknesses to form an addiction.

Matt thought he'd outlived the fear that resulted from the call. However, it has a way of clearing the disillusions of reality. His fear didn't stem from the prospect of death, but rather the fact that survival depended on acting on the animalistic instinct humanity had tried to bury.

They weren't the only two that the game called out to. There were dozens more that tried to suppress the sound, but they were the two that recognized the patterns of the game. They saw through the veil that presented the call as something appeasing. They saw the monstrosity for what it was... and perhaps that's why the game felt the need to evolve.

It wouldn't be the first time it had undergone change to extend its temptations; however, this time would be different. To truly become one with the material world, it would have to destroy itself. But that's the way things are in a world where only the best survive. So, even the game had to abide by the CALL OF THE WILD.

or

The drums of Jumanji beat once more, calling back all that had listened before to make THE FINAL PLAY.

—————————————

𝐏 𝐋 𝐀 𝐘 𝐄 𝐑
𝐒 𝐄 𝐋 𝐄 𝐂 𝐓 𝐈 𝐎 𝐍

—————————————

< 𝙲𝙷𝙾𝙾𝚂𝙴 𝚈𝙾𝚄𝚁 𝙲𝙷𝙰𝚁𝙰𝙲𝚃𝙴𝚁 >