twenty seven | the monster and the superhero

Start from the beginning

In turn, Eddie said, "Shit."

Then Dustin told him, "So, before that happens, we need to find Vecna, kill him, and prove your innocence."

With a tilt of his head, Eddie asked him, "That's all, Dustin? That's all?"

With a tilt of his own head, Dustin replied, "Yeah, no, that-that's pretty much it."

With a sigh, Matthew said, "Look, uh, no offense, Henderson, but according to you and Eddie, this Vecna is some undead and dark wizard. Last I checked, something that's undead just can't be killed, so, uh, how exactly are we supposed to kill something that's supposed to be unkillable and prove Eddie's innocence in the process?" When Valerie had only elbowed him in his side, Matthew said, "What, Valerie? It's just an honest question. I mean, sure, the Demogorgons and Demo-dogs and whatever else we've faced could be killed, but according to Henderson and Eddie, this Vecna can't. So, excuse me for not wanting Eddie to get blamed for a death that he had absolutely nothing to do with."

After a moment of silence, which involved nearly everyone in the room silently eyeing Matthew, Eddie quickly looked over at Robin when she said to him, "Listen, Eddie, I know everything Dustin is saying sounds totally delusional, but we've actually been through this kind of thing before. I mean, they have a... a few times, and... and I have once. Mine was more human-flesh-based, and theirs was more smoke-related, but bottom line is, collectively, I really feel like we got this."

It was then that Steve said to him, "Yeah, see, we usually rely on this girl who has super powers. But, uh, those went bye-bye, so, uh..." After Matthew had simply slapped the back of Steve's head, which got Eddie to silently eye Matthew with furrowed eyebrows, Robin told him, "So we're technically in-in more of the—"

With a wave of his hand, Steve said, "Kinda..."

Then Max said, "Brainstorming phase."

With a snap of his fingers, Steve said, "Brainstorming." When Matthew had slapped the back of his head yet again, Steve turned to him and said, "What?"

Matthew told him, "You're not helping him feel any better about this, dumbass."

After looking between Steve and Matthew with furrowed eyebrows, Eddie looked over at Dustin, who said to him, "There... There's nothing to worry about."

When Steve had only scoffed to himself, which got Eddie to tilt his head with a raise of his eyebrows, Matthew let out a sigh before he slapped the back of Steve's head for a third time.

Then Steve quickly looked over at Matthew and asked him, "What was that for?"

After letting out a scoff of his own, Matthew replied, "What the fuck do you think that was for, dumbass?" When Steve only shook his head, Matthew told him, "Yet again, Harrington, you're doing nothing to make Eddie feel better about any of this. I mean, just look at him. This is completely blowing his fucking mind. If this was a fucking cartoon, his head would've blown up by now. Oh, and also, what the fuck was that shit where you said that we would rely on El and that her powers had gone bye-bye?"

Steve said to him, "Well, they did."

With a scowl now on his face, Matthew went to grab at Steve's jacket, only to stop when Valerie had quickly pulled him away from the recent graduate and tried to keep Matthew from pulling out his switchblade.

After glancing over at Valerie, Matthew looked over at Eddie, who didn't look any better about what he was seeing or being told, which got him to let out a sigh before he ripped his arms out of Valerie's grasp.

Then Matthew let his backpack slide down his arm and catch it in his hands before he started to look through it.

And while he looked through it, everyone in the boathouse silently eyed the violent member of the Wheeler family before they finally stopped when Matthew had tossed a small bag that Matthew had kept in his backpack was tossed over towards Eddie, who barely managed to catch the small bag with his hands.