Chapter 1 - No More Passion

A year later...

Location - (L/N) Residence, (Y/N)'s Room

Your POV

A year has gone by since I joined my school's music club. However, since the two third years have graduated from our school, we decided it was best to disband the club altogether. I mean, sure, we could easily get new members, but the music club meant a lot to the five of us, and I would be heartbroken if one of us got replaced. But Kengo, Jin and I still hangout with each other every now and then, and talk about what we have done since the club was disbanded.

During the period where the club was gone, something else died down as well: my passion for playing the keyboard. I haven't played it in a few days, then those days turned into weeks, which got turned into months. I felt like something was missing, but I don't know what it is.

While pondering this in my bedroom, I heard a knock from my door.

"Yes?" I asked from the other side.

The door opened and I saw my grandfather, who I have been living with after my parents were killed.

"Good morning, (Y/N)."

"Morning, grandfather."

"How did you sleep?" He asked.

"I guess I slept good..."

The one thing I've always noticed about my grandfather is that he is known for being sharp. He can tell something is wrong from a mile away.

"Are you thinking about what happened to your parents?" He asked.

"Yeah... I guess you can say that." I replied.

"Well, don't worry about that, my boy." He said as he walked over to place his hand on my shoulder. "If they were still here, I'm sure they will still be proud of you."

Another thing to like about my grandfather is that he always knew what to say.

"Yeah, I guess you're right."

"Now come to the dining room." He said. "Your grandma has breakfast ready for you."

"Yeah, I'll be there." I said as I got changed into my school uniform.
______________________________________

Location - (L/N) Residence, Dining Room

I headed into my dining room to find my breakfast waiting for me. In the kitchen was my grandmother. She can be nice half of the time, and the other half is her getting about anything and everything. But she is 100% stubborn.

"Morning, grandma." I said to her.

"Yeah yeah, good morning and whatnot." She replied.

"Umm, is everything okay?" I asked.

"Don't worry about me." She said. "You better eat your breakfast, otherwise you'll be late for school."

"Huh? Oh, right."

I sat down and began to eat my breakfast. Meanwhile, I've been catching my grandma looking at me for some reason.

"Everything okay?" I asked.

"Tell me, why did you stop?"

"Stop what?"

"The keyboard. I remember how passionate you were about it, so why did you stop?"

"Oh..."

I thought about my grandma's question for a moment before giving her a legitimate answer.

"I guess I never saw the reason to continue it." I said. "After Aki-senpai and Sayaka-senpai graduated, I just lost my purpose as a keyboardist..."

"No need to think like that." She said.

"What do you mean?"

"I remember seeing you play the piano a lot as a kid, and believe me, you were pretty good at it." She said, smiling for the first time all morning.

"I... didn't think you would care that much."

"Just because I'm often rough around the edges, doesn't mean I can't support my own grandson on what he does."

She came over and gave me a hug, and I hugged her back.

"Now you better finish up and get yourself to school." She said. 

"Yeah, you're right."

I finished eating my food, then made my way to the door and put my shoes on.

"See you later!" I said to my grandparents and headed off to school.
______________________________________

After school...

Location - Residential Area

Once school was done for the day, I was heading home by myself. Both Jin and Kengo sign themselves up for after school activities, and I didn't. None of the clubs they had this year really interested me anyway.

As I was walking home, I began to think about my grandma's words from this morning. I should try to give the keyboard another chance, but no matter how many times I've tried, I can never seem to make it happen. Realizing this made me let out a sigh.

"Maybe my passion is gone for good..." I said to myself.

While being lost in my thoughts, I ended up bumping into someone, and that person's belongings ended up on the ground.

"You idiot! At least look up when you're walking!" They scolded.

"Oh, sorry, I-"

I looked up and I was staring at a girl who appeared to be the same age as me. Her hair was blond and slightly curled up, and her eyes were light brown as well. And judging by her serious expression, I can tell this is someone I shouldn't be messing with.

"Ah, sorry, let me help you." I said and picked up her stuff off of the ground.

The girl began to blush.

"Y-You didn't have to do that, you know." She said.

"I guess, but it's my fault for not paying attention." I said, then gave her back her stuff.

Now the girl was blushing even more.

"Ummm... I should get going now."

She began to walk away as fast as she could. Seeing her made me questioned her a bit. Who was she? Why did acted so nervous? And... will I ever see her again?

To be continued

A/N: Finished it right before her birthday. Points for me.
Thank you so much for reading this chapter. I hope you guys liked it, and I'll see you in the next one. :)