Stuck Between a Boulder Puncher and a Hard Place

"Ah," Heisenberg said through the loudspeaker as a small figure in the distance approached the factory, "Ethan Winters. Welcome."

"Ethan?" Mia said, pausing and almost making you run into her. She looked over her shoulder as you tried to get her to keep moving. "I need to tell him I'm okay."

"We can't, Mia," you said, pushing her up the cliffside as Heisenberg welcomed Ethan to his humble factory. "It will jeopardize your whole family's safety. I promise that you'll see him again, but we can't now."

"I'd like to speak to you about Rose and Miranda," Heisenberg's voice started to fade the further away you got from the factory. You were a little worried that Ethan would try to kill Karl before you got back but Karl assured you that he would be just fine. He made all of the metal surrounding you vibrate when he said that, relaxing you a bit. Now, you just needed to get 

Your plan was to get Mia as far away from the upcoming battle between Karl and Ethan as possible. You had no doubt that Miranda would be watching the fight just as she had when you battled Ethan and you couldn't hide the both of you. Miranda may not be able to watch the fight inside the factory, Karl Heisenberg was quite the dramatic man and would find a way to get Ethan outside. You knew that there would be metal and electricity flying everywhere to sell the point that Heisenberg was legitimately trying. While you could survive a little electrocution and flying metal, Mia probably couldn't even with her infection. Besides, Mia was going to be Rose's escape plan when you eventually crashed Miranda's ceremony.

"Alina," you scolded when you got to the top of the mountain. "You should have stayed with the pack." You furrowed your brows in disappointment as Alina gave you a cheeky grin. Your attention turned to Wadim who was curled protectively around Alina with a guilty look on his face. "Why did you let her come? She's safer with the Vârcolaci." Wadim lifted his head and snorted at you in response, giving Alina an annoyed glare. "She wouldn't get off, huh?" Wadim nodded as you groaned and rubbed the bridge of your nose. "Alina, we talked about this. You need to prioritize your life rather than your curiosity."

"But I wanted to make sure you were okay," Alina defended, grinning.

"You would have found that out anyway," you said, raising a brow as you helped Mia get over the last bit of the cliff. "I have someone you need to meet going forward." You led Mia toward Wadim and Alina to introduce them. Mia was a little skeptical about meeting Wadim but that was to be expected. You told Mia about him on the way up and that he was going to get here to the pack of man-eating wolf creatures. "This is Mia, she's Ethan's wife and Rose's mom. Mia, this is Alina, the little girl I told you about earlier."

"Does she need to be safe too?" Alina asked, cocking her head.

"Yes," you said, nodding. "She's also going to play a key role in saving Rose."

"Can I join too?" Alina asked, giving you those big puppy eyes that you had a very hard time resisting. Luckily, this was something you planned for. 

"Already know what you need to do," you said, petting Wadim's snout. "The three of you will wait outside of the Ceremony Site with Boian. The rest of the pack will help Heisenberg and me with killing Miranda."

"What about Ethan and Rose?" Mia asked, raising a brow. 

"We'll get them out and away from Miranda and to you," you said, scratching under Wadim's chin. "Ethan's been fighting since the second he got here, the man deserves a break. He'll escape with you and get as far from the village as possible. Heisenberg, the rest of the pack, and I will catch up with you when the battle's over."

"I want to fly with Wadim," Alina shouted, throwing herself at Wadim's neck. The creature chirped and pulled away from you, hugging Alina with his neck.