Chapter 1

"Esmeray, remember to keep your head held high," mother said bending down to my level.

        I nodded pensively. She turned me around fixing my fire red head. "We are a long line of pureblooded Slytherins --"

        "And we should keep it like that," my older brother, Cenry said. I snapped my head over to him.

        My brother and I never got along. When I was seven, I made friends with a muggleborn girl and when my brother found us playing at the lake--he cursed her, she was left with a horrible scar on her face. Her muggle family weren't able to do anything to Cenry seeing as we are one of the most highly respected and powerful wizarding families. Ever since then, my parents and Cenry have been keeping me in check. And ever since then, I have been in check. Listening to everything my mother and father ordered. Dressing the way they want. Talking the way they want. Acting the way they want. Everything.

        I glared daggers at my brother. He gave me a knowing look and walked off into the hallway. I angrily looked back at the mirror seeing my mother shake her head. 

        "You know Draco Malfoy will be going to Hogwarts this year as well," mother said making me groan. 

        "Please don't make me be friend him mom," I scowled. "He is extremely annoying."

        "His family line is very respectable, it would be good to be friend him," she said in her gentle voice which meant it was an order. 

        Just as she finished my father came into my room. "It's time to leave," he said sternly.

        Mother nodded. "Cozbi, it's time," father shouted.

        "Okay!" she shouted back. 

        Cozbi was my favorite sibling. She understood me like no one else did. She made me feel loved in family that discourages originality. I hated when she left for Hogwarts. I felt so lonely. My parents would leave me alone in a large mansion with just the house elves to keep me company. But she would come back, she always brought me a gift from Hogsmeade.

        Once we got to King's Cross, Cozbi and Cenry went through the barrier like it was nothing. I had never seen the inside and it made me a bit nervous.

        "Go on," father said firmly.

        I nodded. I pushed my trolley around and stared at the barrier. It looked very solid.

        I started to walk toward it. Going right through the barrier. A scarlet steam engine was waiting next to a platform packed with people. A sign overhead said Hogwarts' Express, eleven o'clock. I looked behind me and saw a wrought-iron archway where the barrier had been, with the words Platform Nine and Three-Quarters on it.

        "Good job," Cozbi said sweetly as mother and father came through the barrier.

        Smoke from the engine drifted over the heads of the chattering crowd, while cats of every color wound here and there between their legs. Owls hooted to one another in a disgruntled sort of way over the babble and the scraping of heavy trunks.

        "I expect you to be in Slytherin," father said narrowing his eyes at me. "Do not disappoint."

        I looked down at the ground. I hated it. Having to do what ever they wanted. They never once thought about what I wanted. It felt as if they truly did not care for me only about our reputation. But I nodded biting my togue. 

        "She won't," Cenry said firmly getting on the train.

        I hugged my mother and father and got on the train with Cozbi.