"I understand, but I will still pay for your and Lola's tickets; let's not rely solely on Regina, okay?" I ask, and Ding nods in agreement.

After a while, Lola asked us to sing Nathan a happy birthday song. I took a lot of pictures during his entire celebration so that I could send them to Regina. When he was about to blow out the candles, I carried him and let Ding take photos of him. While everyone cheers and applauds, I help him in putting out the fire. He already looks like Regina, but when he smiles, he looks even more like his mother. I slid my finger along the side of the cake to get some icing and gave Nathan a taste. He clearly enjoys it, judging by how quickly he began kicking his little feet.

We were surrounded by family and friends the entire day. They played with Nathan a lot, so I didn't have to carry him around all day. They gave us their gifts, which we opened at the very end. Brian and Ding began loading our bags and luggage into the car around night. We'll get there about an hour after Regina.

"Narda, don't forget to ask Boss if she'll ever need someone back there again," Mara says, sitting next to Brian in the passenger seat.

"Do you not have a husband here?" I seek clarification, and she shakes her head no.

"I don't recall," she claimed.

"I wouldn't want you there if I were Boss Regina," Brian says.

"I wasn't seeking your opinion, Robles," she stated. Nathan looked tired after his entire birthday party, so he rested his head on my shoulder for the entire drive to the airport. Brian and Mara helped me with the bags at the airport before I bid them farewell. I expected it to be a hassle the entire flight, but Nathan slept peacefully for almost the entire flight, so I was able to sleep as well. We had a layover but didn't bother leaving the airport. I'll be honest, I'm a little nervous to see Regina after two months. It has been a long time, but the fact that she is very consistent in calling and texting me makes it seem as if she has never left. Every day, she'll ask about Nathan and me. She'll also tell me about her day, so it never occurred to me that we hadn't seen each other in person in a long time until now. When we arrived, I changed Nathan's clothes into something warmer. It's not the coldest temperature right now, but it's certainly colder than back home.

"You look like a plush toy," I said, having dressed him in a hoodie and a beanie. "Let's go see mommy," I said, lifting him up, and he began murmuring mommy repeatedly. These days, Regina is unquestionably his favorite.

I immediately noticed Regina as we walked out. Even in a large crowd, she will always stand out. She's standing right beside Ali in her office attire, stilettos, and sunglasses, adding to her intimidating appearance. Ali waved his hand as if we hadn't noticed them right away. Regina's face immediately lightens as a huge smile creeps across her face. I walk towards them, and Ali takes my luggage and bag and carries it for me. Regina removes her sunglasses and fixes her gaze on me for a few moments. I smile at her as I hand her Nathan. She then turns her attention to the little boy and begins hugging and kissing him.

"Hi, did you miss mommy?" she asks, as Nathan starts doing fast kicks and tons of baby talks  to show how happy he is to see Regina again.

"Long flight... I'm surprised Nathan wasn't kidnapped by a stranger while you were too busy sleeping," Ali teased, making me shake my head.

"I'm surprised you didn't get left in Africa," I retorted.

"Almost... don't wish for it too much," he laughed. "Would you like some coffee?"

"Do you have one?" I ask.

"No, I'll buy you one... hold on," he excused himself. I stoop down to open one of the bags and retrieve Nathan's shoes. Regina is a few steps away from me because Nathan keeps pointing to a massive LED screen, so she took Nathan there.