"Really? What advice was that?" she asked tilting her head.

"The same advice that brought us together." he mused, placing a hand atop hers.

She giggled and leaned down to place a gentle kiss against his forehead. "Then it's bound to work."

______________

It was the lack of warmth the navigator noticed first. Although she was enveloped in her blankets, she was shivering. It was also awfully quiet. Too quiet. She sprawled her arms out, searching for her captain but was unfortunately met with her cotton bedsheets. She groaned and cracked her eyes open.

He must have brought me to my room last night.

A small smile splayed across her face as she began to recall the kiss they shared and figured she must have fallen asleep in his arms. Heat rose to her cheeks when she remembered the way Luffy looked at her or how his lips moved against hers.

Who would have thought that idiot had it in him.

A breathy laugh escaped her and she eased up to sit, rubbing the grogginess out of her eyes. Pulling the sheets off of her, she swung her legs over and got up from her bed, stretching her arms out with a yawn as she went to freshen up. She halted in front of her vanity mirror and gave herself a once over. With a sigh, she picked up a lock of her hair and toyed with it, carefully inspecting her disheveled tresses in the mirror.

Would he notice?

She made her way to the bathroom to brush her teeth. Upon rinsing her mouth, she blew against the palm of her hand and sniffed in attempts to check the freshness of her breath... "just in case".

Check.

She then made her way back to her room and took a seat in the wooden chair of the vanity. She began brushing away at her frazzled waves and placed a shimmery clip in her hair that she had yet to flaunt.

Check.

From the corner of her eye, she peered at a tube of lipstick that stood beckoning on the vanity. She eyed it carefully and after much consideration, she shook her head to herself.

For the love of Oda.. Stop trying so hard, Nami. It's just Luffy.

And that's when it hit her. It was just Luffy. Luffy, the man she was hopelessly in love with. Luffy, man she was now anxious to impress. Luffy, the man who had saved her time and time again, who took her breath away countless times yet also filled her with so much life. She was free because of him. She was so close to achieving her dreams because of him. And not once in her life had she ever felt these feelings that the raven-haired man now elicited from her with anyone else; it was all him. She knew she had to tell him, especially now considering the boundary of "just friends" had been crossed after their kiss last night, to her anyway.

The creaky hinge of the bedroom door shook her out of her thoughts and upon inspection, she was relieved to see it was just Robin.

"Well don't you look pretty." she said with a giggle as she made her way over to retrieve a book from her bookshelf.

Nami rolled her eyes with a grin on her face, already bracing herself for the teasing that was about to come her way.