OO1. freedom's slumber

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗢𝗡𝗘:
𝒇𝒓𝒆𝒆𝒅𝒐𝒎'𝒔 𝒔𝒍𝒖𝒎𝒃𝒆𝒓

━━━━ "how nostalgic."

the black-haired girl mumbled under her breath as she fixed her sharp, red eyes on the gates of the empty city. with a claymore in hand, she took a few steps inside.

"hey!! wait up!"

scarlett breathed an exasperated sigh as she turned around to see the rest of the dawn, trailing behind her. the cheerful, energetic, fireworks maker was the one who led the group, one by the name of naganohara yoimiya. she caught up to scarlett quickly, her hands on her knees as she tried to catch her breath.

yoimiya wiped some sweat off of her forehead, pushing away her hair. "come on~" yoimiya whined, playfully, trying for a friendly smile. "what did we say about teamwork?"

"that it's absolutely nothing of worth." scarlett glared at the blonde, rolling her eyes. she adjusted the grip on her claymore as it slowly burst into flames. "i'll go ahead. be back in a bit."

"wait—"

before yoimiya could say another word, scarlett had rushed into the city in a blazing blur. yoimiya placed her hands on her hips and sighed, then turned back to the rest of the group. "everyone alright?"

a pink-haired boy, one by the name of dmitri, shrugged. "i'm fine." he said, bluntly, glancing over at the girl beside him, a brown-haired girl that fell behind him, named arabelle.

she straightened the glasses that rested upon her nose and caught up with yoimiya and dmitri. "i'm alright. no need to worry about me. them, however..."

behind them were three different people: thoma and sakura, both in service to the late kamisato clan, and marc, a performer and singer from the distant land of fontaine. both thoma and marc were each supporting sakura's arms around their shoulders, carefully carrying her into the city.

"i'm fine!" sakura called out, smiling. "ah, well, kind of. there's still a bit of a gash on my leg, after all. and my ankle...ah, never mind. i'll be fine in a few minutes!"

thoma sighed as he gently steadied sakura's arm. "a bit is an understatement. let's hope there are medical supplies in the city."

"there are."

scarlett had returned, leaning against the empty post of the adventurer's guild. her signature scowl was imprinted on her face as she planted her claymore into the ground. "there's an alchemy station beside the general goods shop. should be enough, as long as we have some medicinal herbs with us."