Chapter 5| Living with Night Owl

Start from the beginning

Mini handed me the older raccoon and put a hand on my back to guide me where to go. We walk to the apartments which was our base. Mini knocked on the door and then we waited.

"Yes?" Nogla said while opening the door. "Woah, ye guys got a couple of raccoons!" He said out loud.

"Shut up! Are the guys sleeping?" Mini asked in a whisper. Nogla nodded and let both of us inside. "Well, Evan and I are going to sleep. Evan is going to keep the raccoons in his room so don't open his door." Mini said while I nodded in agreement.

"Alright." Nogla said.

We started our goodnights and Mini set the raccoon down on my bed and headed to his room. I closed the door and got dress for bed.

It was really cold so I snuggled with the older raccoon. His fur was really warm, I loved it. I noticed that I was actually hugging a young man in a raccoon's body. Love isn't really my thing but is shook my head and hold him close.

Delirious' POV

I woke up with the sunlight hitting my face and felt arms around me. I brushed the arm with my tail and looked behind me, wondering who it was. My eyes widen in shock when I saw Vanoss.

I jumped out of bed and stretched while yawning. I looked around and saw the baby raccoon sleeping in the corner of the room, in his green blanket.

I walked over to him and transformed into human. I smiled and started petting the poor little thing. He woke up and stared at me. I stared into his yellow eyes, wondering what color is human eyes are.

Baby raccoons doesn't know how to transform into human until they are 5. When I was 5 and learned how to transform, I couldn't stop transforming. I loved seeing my body glowed and see my paws turn into hands.

I wonder how old he is. Probably around 2 years old.

I heard a yawn and quickly transform back into a raccoon. I saw Vanoss stretching and then look around his room. His eyes stopped when he saw me. He gave me a friendly smile.

"Good morning." He said. I transformed back into human.

"Morning." I said softly. I put my attention back into the baby raccoon.

He kept wagging his tail at me and then suddenly jumped at me, like he was trying to attack me. I laughed and fall down, pretending he pushed me down.

I heard Vanoss get off the bed and walked over to us. "He's so cute." He said while petting the raccoon's tiny head.

"He is..." I replied while looking into his yellow eyes.

"I wanna talk." Vanoss said. I got up and picked up the baby raccoon. Vanoss went to his bed and sat down. He patted next to him, signaling me to sit next to him.

I sat down next to him, putting the baby raccoon on my lap and asked, "What about?" Vanoss shrugged.

"I want to learn more about you. You're a strange raccoon, you know that right?" Vanoss said. I nodded.

"Well, go ahead with the questions of what you want to know." I told him.

"First, what's your name?" He asked.

"Delirious."

"I mean your real name. Not your code name." He rolled his eyes at me.

"Jonathan."

"Hm... Nice name."

"Thanks. I would ask what your real name is but I bet you won't tell me." I told him. He nodded in response.

"What do you like to do? Like what do you do everyday?" He asked.

"Work. Since I don't like stealing or go dumpster dive, I work for this guy at a tiny shop."

"What shop?"

"Toby's Snacks."

"Oh! My friend, Wildcat, always go there!" He said.

"Really?! That's cool." I said. "What do you do everyday?" I asked.

"Save lives." I moved my head in confusion. Vanoss noticed and laughed at me. "I'm a big hero, ya know?" He said.

"Big hero? What are you? Night Owl?" I joked. He was silent and I stopped laughing. "Wait... You're Night Owl?!" I said in shocked.

Vanoss' body glowed and he went tiny. His arms turned into wings and his feet turned into claws. Once his body stopped glowing, I saw an owl looking at me with his head turned sideways.

"Holy shit!" I said. Vanoss laughed and flutter his wings. I transformed also. My blue eyes turned into yellow eyes and my hands turned into paws.

I walked in circles around him, like he was my pray. He kept turning his head, looking at me. I brushed my tail against his cheek and he jumped a bit.

I moved back and tried to tackle him, but he flew up once I did. I clawed the blanket and fell to the floor, taking it with me. "AHH!" I said as I got wrapped with the blanket. I heard Vanoss' laughter.

"Nice try." He said.

I finally got myself out of the blanket. I jumped on the bed and jumped really high, grabbing his foot. He screamed and started flapping his wings really hard. Vanoss couldn't hold my weight and dropped both of us.

We fell on the bed and he was laying on top of me. He opened his eyes and we suddenly looked into each other's eyes. I felt a weird feeling inside of me. Vanoss started shivering a bit and I brushed my tail against his wing.

"E-Evan.." He said.

"W-What?"

"My name's Evan." He told me.

"Evan... Nice name." I told him.

"Thanks."

Evan was still on top of me and I ended up rubbing his cheek. I felt him jumped then slowly calmed down.

"Since you got no where the stay at... Wanna stay here for a bit until you find a new home?" He asked me.

"W-What?! Do you think the other protectors would allow a raccoon here? Actually, TWO raccoons?!" I told him.

He transformed into human. I quickly transformed also so I won't get crushed. "I bet they won't mind since you're harmless." He said while transforming.

Evan was still laying on my chest and his face was really red. I bet mine was also. Like really! I have a superhero here, laying on my chest. A hero who saved me.

Evan moved closer and put his forehead against mine. "So.. What do you say?" We looked into each other eyes. I felt him shivering again. I guess he's nervous of what we were doing.

"I guess I'll stay..." I told him as I laughed a little. "I'm going to be living with Night Owl." He chucked and gave me a light smile. I smiled back at him and he quickly got off of me.

"I'll tell the others." He said as he walked out, closing the door. I put my hand over my chest and felt my face.

What was that feeling I got from that? Why was he shivering so much? What was that whole thing about?

So many questions filled my mind. The baby raccoon jumped on my stomach and I looked into his yellow eyes. I shook my head and started playing with the tiny raccoon.