Chapter Thirty Three

Comincia dall'inizio

Enraged, she got up from the floor and let out her claws to slice this maid in half.

"How dare you keep silent on things like that? You let them go into the village without waking me up!"

Irina had to run for her life to save herself. At the same time, Maria appeared and wanted to speak about the flash she had seen, but she had also sped away since Lady Dimitrescu went completely crazy and threw a broken chair towards her.

"Stay right there! Where do you think you are going?"

These two weren't the only servants she nearly killed after seeing a vision of her daughters in great danger. Helga got hit hard on her face, and Lois was violently thrown against the wall while the big lady began hurrying towards the entrance hall to leave the house. She didn't even put her shoes on; she left her castle barefoot and with thin clothes.

*

Her daughters were in the mouth of death, ready to be swallowed. Being submerged in icy water that was a thousand times denser than air, the sisters had virtually no time to even react. A few seconds after their skin had contact with this, they entered a state of agony, starting to drift somewhere in limbo and feeling unimaginable pain like millions of daggers were being stabbed into their bodies.

Guards who had seen this event started running as fast as they could. Some of them even tossed away their guns and other items while they tried to climb over a fence to reach the field bordered by a river.

"Over here!" The first man shouted. "It looks like it's Vasile's car!"

"Oh no! Father?"

There were two older men and one younger man who came to their rescue. The young man was most horrified to see that the accident had involved no one other than his own family member.

"Dad!" He screamed and stepped into the water to try to open the car's door. "Father!"

Since the driver's side door was damaged and the other side was in too deep water, he and his companions used rocks to smash the driver's side window to get access to the coughing and drowning man.

"Hang on, father! I'm going to get you out of this place!"

Vasile was lucky to be still alive, but he was seriously injured. He was heavily bleeding from his face; his right hand was broken; and something very sharp had penetrated into his abdominal area.

"Aaaah!" He moaned while his son and other guards started to pull him through the broken window. "Forget me. We have to...aarrhh...save...Lady Dimitrescu's daughters. They're on the backseat."

Cassandra's motionless hand with a bloody sickle became visible, and when the guards looked inside again, they were shocked to see that his father wasn't lying.

"My God, what have these devils done to you?"

"Iulian..." Vasile groaned in pain. "They...did...nothing...we... got hit by a bomb! Dynamite thrown by Linda!"

"What are you talking about? Why are Dimitrescu's daughters in your car?"

"I had to transport their fucking stove! God damn you ask, go save them before it's too late. I'm fine, go!"

Of course he wasn't, but he knew the consequences of what would happen if they died. Everybody knew. The explosion had rattled the entire village, and in addition to watchmen, a great number of people were now approaching the site despite lockdown being still on. Events like that were extremely rare, and the guards had no time or motivation to force them to go back now. A few men quickly surrounded Vasile and helped him to the nearby shack. Others walked into knee-deep water and joined the operation. The only way to get daughters out of their soon-to-be coffin was to roll the car back on its wheels.