When It Becomes Too Much

Start from the beginning

We move so he's stretched out on the couch and I'm tucked against the back of the couch and his side with my head on his chest while he plays with my hair and rubs the arm I have that's wrapped around his middle. Slowly but surely I begin to fall asleep.

POV Third Person

Miles looks away from the movie he has playing with the sound low to see Four and Max walking in. They look at Rosalie in worry when they see how she's asleep, but still whimpering.

"You both have five seconds to get out before I lose it." Miles warns.

"What's wrong with her?" Max asks, ignoring the threat. Miles carefully puts Rosalie on the couch while he stands up and covers her up before stalking towards the other two men.

"Get. Out. You did this. You burnt her out. You gave her that damn serum to make sure you could keep her as a 'yes' man. You are the reason she broke down. If you're here to tell her she has to work tomorrow in anyway shape or form then you are sorely mistaken."

"I am the leader of this faction. If I want to utilize my soldiers-"

"You have other soldiers!" Miles snaps, pushing him back. He opens the door and roughly shoves Max out the door, slamming the door in his face. "I would drag you out too, but he'd sneak back in."

"Skyler told me Sidney was pretty close to this. I figured if an alpha was that way than an omega was screwed. I wanted to show Max that he'd gone too far. We stopped at the Hayes' first." Four says, watching as his brother gently maneuvers himself and his sleeping mate to fit on the couch comfortably as they had before. Rosalie unconsciously snuggles closer to Miles and holds him tightly.

"What did you think that would accomplish? He's still going to do whatever he wants." Miles says bitterly.

"Sidney is one of my best friends and Rosalie is my sister-in-law, I was trying to get them a break."

"He wanted them to help you and Eric tomorrow?" Miles guesses and Four nods his head. A growl starts in Miles' chest and Rosalie sighs contently, whimpers finally quieting. Four points to her and raises an eyebrow. "Her alpha is protecting her when she needs him most. Look, I love you, dude, but you've got to go. I have more important things to worry about."

"Sure." Four says, heading towards the door.

"Tobias!" Miles calls, stopping his brother and he pauses. "Thanks for trying."

"Yeah." Four says and then leaves the couple to their quiet lonesome.

"My beautiful, hurt omega. You just heal, Rosie. I've got you." Miles tells her sleeping form and then returns his attention to the TV, arm still tightly around Rosalie.

POV Rosalie

When I wake up my eyes are sore and my throat is scratchy, but I haven't felt this well rested and clear headed in God knows how long. I look at Miles' sleeping form and start to gently trace his features. I smile when a purring sound starts in his chest.

"Morning." I whisper when he cracks open one eye.

"Morning. How're you feeling?"

"Better. I needed that yesterday. Thank you for taking care of me."

"Thank you for letting me." Miles says before kissing me.

"I missed you." I say, lying back down.

"You have no idea how much I missed you, Rosie." He says rubbing his face into my hair. "We need to change our code."

"Why?" I ask hesitantly.

"Four brought Max around while you were sleeping, trying to show him the shit show that you and Sidney are, and let himself in." Miles says. I groan and burry my face in his chest. "Of course Max being Max, it didn't work."