Chapter 7

A girl entered the room: Long blonde hair falling around her waist, the normal school uniform paired with a camouflage jacket and a fitting beanie. She turned towards the students to start introducing herself and - gosh was she beautiful!

Changbin immediately fixed his slumped over position and looked at the newcomer, waiting for her to start speaking so he could hear her voice.

"Well, hi? I'm Riley and I moved here a few days ago from London. I just turned fifteen a week ago and I'm not good at Korean yet" The way she spoke made it clear that she learned this text by heart but Changbin didn't care.

For him this was the most sothing voice he's ever heard. Like an angel was talking to him.

"Thank you and welcome to our class Riley. Now who of you speaks English and can help dear Riley fit in?"

Changbin didn't know when his body decided to move on his own but here he found himself with his hand raised - he didn't speak Englisch for shit.

"Oh well...Changbin. Riley go sit down next to him" Even the teacher seemed surprised by his act and Changbin was internally cursing himself until he saw the angel herself stand in front of him.

He quickly put away his backpack and made space for her while trying to stop his cheeks from turning into a crimson red.

"I..I'm Changbin" He stuttered and looked over at the girl who had just sat down and started unpacking her things. Changbin was glad he at least knew how to say his name in English but that was about it.

"Yeah, I know. Nice to meet you" Changbin responded her smile and only nodded, he had a guess of what she said but he didn't want to jump to false assumptions.

"Could you show me the way to Chemistry room 036 later? I don't have it together with you or the rest of the class since I'm taking advanced but your school is really confusing" Riley chuckled embarrassed while Changbin looked like someone told him that his mouse, which he doesn't own, turned into a horse and was now waiting in the parking lot to pick him up.

"You don't understand a word I'm saying, right?" Riley chuckled, switching to her broken Korean. Embarrassed Changbin shook his head.

"Then why did you raise your hand? It's not that I don't want to sit next to you, I just think it would've been easier to show me everything" Riley's Korean wasn't bad at all, she was just very insecure about it.

"You're Korean is actually really good, why did you say that you couldn't speak it earlier?" Changbin tried to change the topic because he himself didn't know the answer to the girl's question.

"Thanks but I still lack a lot and you still didn't answer my question" Riley tilted her head and leaned closer seeing the teacher had started now and she didn't want to make a bad impression on her first day.

"Honestly I have no idea. I guess I just wanted you to sit next to me. Sorry that sounds weird but you're interesting? No, still weird, let's say I just want to get to know you" Changbin finished his rambling and scratched his nape akwardly.

"Thanks I guess. Well, I'm happy you raised your hand. You seem nice and this way I don't have to sit next to some stuck up bitch." Changbin laughed at her remark and couldn't help but notice how he wanted to hear her laugh again.

"Changbin, Riley, please focus on class and resume your conversation during break" The teacher scolded and the two students had a hard time trying to stop themselves from laughing even harder.

The rest of the lesson these two sat leaned back in their chair, leaned to one another so their shoulders were touching, and Changbin informed Riley about all the gossip in school.