𝟎𝟐𝟑 ━━ lesson five: it's all in the eyes

Start from the beginning

Ricky let his impromptu investigation distract him for a second, but let it go when he saw the clock on the wall strike closer to four. He walked to Drama, adjusting the bag on his shoulder. When he turned the corner, he realized that he and the mysterious figure were walking the same way, and they were both heading in the direction of the drama room.

The guy dropped his hood when he got to the doors of the dressing rooms, and he knew from the sharp jawline and inky black hair exactly who it was. Ricky had heard about the free prom dresses and suits thing the school was doing for kids who couldn't afford them. He thought it was a really good idea, and he'd even joined in when the theatre gang volunteered as helpers, but so had Marcus. So, it surprised him that Marcus was one of the kids who needed a free suit.

Ricky watched as Marcus picked a green prince's jacket, and look nervous about trying on the rest of the shiny emerald get-up. He suddenly knew why Marcus, more than all the other boys, had expressed such hatred for the fairytale themeit was why he pretended he couldn't be bothered with the whole thing, and hid the reason they were meeting here from himhe was worried about looking bad.

So, on prom night, when Marcus met him outside his house, Ricky smiled widely and cheered, "Hey! Look at who's gonna shut the whole prom down..." The senior scoffed. "I'm not joking, you look amazing!"

Marcus's eyes brightened, and Ricky watched his shoulders raise. "Thank you! So do you." He put a hand on his shoulder, grinning. "Let's go, skater boy."

     As soon as Cash Caswell discovered he wanted to go to prom again and was taking Gina instead of 'his friend Richard' he went all out

His father had ordered a photographer to come to their house and told EJ to invite all his friends so that they could all take picturesque photos on the mock red carpet, in front of the hanging stars and balloons that the house had been decorated with. Although he had fun with the team, he couldn't shake how angry he was that his dad had only cared to put in the extra effort when he found out he was taking a girl.

Though he had to admit, he and Gina made a perfect pictureTeam Wonderstudy had gone with red and silver outfitsGina dressed as a princess in deep scarlet and EJ as a dashing prince in shimmering silver.

Everyone looked great, though. David Anders had tried to match with his date, Stacy, and dressed up like Prince Charming and Aurora. His co-captain, Adrian's date, Tiana, had made them go with the obvious choice and they'd dressed up in a lily-pad green like in Princess and the Frog.

Only seven guys in the team had decided to go solo, so they chose to dress up like the dwarfsthey'd crouched when they took the photo so they looked like goofy little gnomes.

Ashlyn and Big Red dressed up as Sir Eldritch the Third and Lady Margaret of the Mystic Lakes. EJ had no idea who they were, but according to Ashlyn, they were the king and queen of the LARping world.