Regardless, Lily Potter had cast the charm again and made Peter Pettigrew the new secret keeper. She did this because Sirius was an obvious choice, and she wanted to make a decoy. However, things didn't go according to plan. Instead, Peter betrayed them and led Voldemort directly to their home.

Then, to almost no shock of the people of wizarding Britain, Amelia Bones was the new Minister. She was a nonsense witch and promoted justice, equality and no corruption. She was stern, fair, and hard-working, her career in the DLME was the result of her qualities.

Many families, both light and neutral, supported her, as well as Harry, who also voted with the Potter, Peverell, and Black families. Since Sirius was not Lord of the house right now, he was allowed to vote, which made sense to most people because his godfather had made him his heir.

Many neutral families, as well as some dark families, followed Harry's example and supported her because they wanted to be in the new Potter Lord's good books. They understood how much power he held.

When Harry Potter named Sirius as his proxy for the Potter and Peverell family seat, nobody expected it to happen because Sirius had recently been released. But after all the big shocks, it wasn't a big one, but still a piece of big news. Dumbledore was sure that tomorrow's Daily Prophet was going to have a lot of news.

After recalling all the events in the pensive, Dumbledore knew that his plan to manipulate young Harry was now no longer in the play. And he could only wait and see what happens this year with the small 'test' he had made. Dumbledore understood that he could only guide the young Potter heir on his journey to defeat Voldemort.

Dumbledore didn't want the young child to bear the burden of having to kill someone. If he could take away the burden of prophecy from young Harry and put it on himself, he would have done that without the blink of an eye. But now he has to do all he can do for the greater good of the wizarding world.

But seeing how things were progressing, he decided to watch and see how the first year and the little show that he had prepared worked out. He wanted to make Harry aware of Voldemort's existence, and he had no doubt that Tom would come to use this opportunity to acquire the 'real' philosopher's stone and get his body back.

Of course, Dumbledore would be ready if things got ugly, but he has to see how things play out. He wanted to know about Harry Potter. He wanted to know about his personality. He wanted to know if Harry had become like Tom Riddle, or the boy that Hagrid described. Furthermore, he wanted to know if Lily's protection was still working. He had many doubts, and he wanted to confirm them.

He was also not sure if Tom had made those things, and he wasn't totally sure if Harry still had one in his head. His theory was that maybe while living with his relatives with the only thing that Tom didn't know, love, maybe if it was there then it would be destroyed. Possibly, he could always hope. But he wasn't certain if that would happen because very little was known about that foul piece of magic.

Another problem that he needed to address was knowing where Harry was living and with whom. Because it wasn't good for his plans to have Harry that way, he knows now that he can't do a thing to change that. He couldn't know what Harry was doing or what he was thinking, what he wanted, or anything about him. And that was the biggest concern for him. For years, he had planned the arrival of Harry Potter back in the wizarding world, but now it all seems to have failed in just mere weeks of informing Harry about the wizarding world.

Dumbledore was everything but foolish. He knew that if he couldn't get all of that information and Harry wasn't the boy that Hagrid had described, then he had to urge caution, as he didn't want another Tom Riddle running around the school.