Then I let everything else go, while I focused on my work. I wasn't very successful, but at least I can say that I did my best. So, one hour later I was researching Tom Goldman and his company, and also stalking the Phills brothers.

I only stopped at 7.03 am when my phone started ringing. It was Stephanie, the restaurant manager.

"Hi Steph!" I answered, while scrolling down on Steven's facebook profile.

"Good morning, Jen! How are you?"

"I'm good, how are you?" I answered, distracted. Then I realized what she was actually asking me. "Oh, everything is fine with the restaurant. We'll do a cleanup this week and I think that it will be ready to open next week. I also talked with the police and everything is fine."

She sighed in relief. And I continued.

"Would you like to meet me there at 9:00?"

I wasn't going to sleep anyway and I wanted a coffee. And to move my body a little.

"Sure. See you then. I'm happy that everything got sorted out."

"Yes. Me too."

I ended the call and did some more social media stalking, but no luck. It wasn't like any of the brothers was going to write in their bio: I love food and my eyes are glowing when I manipulate people to do what I tell them to do.

I stood up from the computer, deciding to make some fresh juice in an attempt to stop my mind from, well... thinking!

I was cutting an apple, when Kevin walked into the kitchen all happy and well rested. Asshole!

"Good morning!" He smiled at me.

Before he could come any closer, I turned towards him, with the big knife still in my right hand.

"Never, ever come into my bed and disturb my sleep. Understood? Never!"

I kept my face as serious as I could while Kevin looked at my face, then looked at the knife in my hand, then nodded and went to sit on the chair that was far away from me. I turned back to my fruits, cut them, made juice while singing and being happy, then I offered Kevin a glass of juice. He looked suspicious, but took it and waited a few minutes, trying to decide if I was going to poison him or cut him into pieces and make juice from them. When he saw that I had a glass of juice and I was drinking from it, he dared to take a sip. And then some more.

I congratulated myself on my skill to look terrifying when I wanted to. I was wondering if this could also work to make the two brothers tell me what was going on. I doubted that. If they had more than glowing eyes and abilities to manipulate people, that didn't seem like a good idea.

Kevin didn't look like he had the courage to start a conversation, so I started it.

"I stalked all three of them on the internet. But I didn't find much. I even searched about werewolves but didn't find anything useful besides fantasy stories or movies..."

"Yeah, I didn;t think that would help anyway. Do you think we should tell the police?''By his expression, he doubted that.

"Chris fucking manipulated a detective. I don't think they will be very helpful. Why do you think that we are not affected?"

He took another sip of his juice while thinking about what I just asked. When he finally looked at me, he was almost apologizing. "I'm not sure..."

"Ok, I know you are the mind on legs kind of guy, but please bear with me as I will start fantasizing here. What if we are like them? And that's why it's not working? And I don;t think they are werewolves too, they might be something else. How about vampires? I think I saw in a movie that they can do that stuff, how was that called? Compel! They can compel people to do what they want them to do. And maybe it works just from vampire to humans and it doesn't work on other vampires. Except that I never felt the desire to drink blood. Do you?"

He seemed amused. Yep, he was probably thinking that I am crazy. Good for him.

"No, I actually don't like blood. Once I fainted when the doctors were taking my blood... And actually, now I am willing to believe even the craziest fantasy stories, so let's just keep an open mind."

"So maybe not vampires. How about wizards?"

My head was already going through every fantasy movie or book that I ever watched or read. Kevin just shrugged, finished his juice and told me that he's going to take a shower before exiting the kitchen.

"You have everything you need in the bathroom on the left!" I shouted after him, then closed my computer and went to take a shower too.

As soon as I entered the bathroom, my pink vibrator caught my attention. I took it and put it into a drawer, just in case anyone else was going to decide that I needed babysitting to be safe.

Kevin decided that I was going to be safe enough at the restaurant during the day so he chose to go home and do some more research. I was sure that he was going to take a nap before. I was thinking of going to take a nap too, but I got a coffee and went to the restaurant, arriving earlier than I planned to. So I looked around. Someone came and replaced the glass on the broken windows. But the mess inside still needed to be cleaned up. There was old blood, police tape, broken glass, a table that was broken. I looked closer to the blood puddle, putting the scarf on my nose and mouth. I almost made myself believe that it was everything just a bad joke, but looking at it, that was definitely blood. And real blood. Then I noticed something that looked like hair. Or fur? Then the video that Kevin showed to me last night came into my mind. And then the other one with the big dog attacking the two men that shot the other one in front of my restaurant. Was that other man a fucking werewolf that couldn't die? And did he shift into wolf form after he was shot? And came inside the restaurant to... hide or what? Then ran away and attacked the other two?

I was so concentrated in analyzing the floor around me that when I heard Stephanie's voice behind me I jumped.

"I'm sorry. I didn't want to scare you!" She came close to me and I gave her a smile.

"Do you think you can manage to ask someone to come and clean all of this today?"

"I already arranged that. They will be here at 10:30 this morning."

"Oh, you are amazing!" I hugged her, then we went into the office on the back of the restaurant, away from the smell of blood and death.

I sat down behind the desk and Stephanie sat in front of me. And because I didn't have enough caffeine and my brain was still half asleep, I looked at her as seriously as I could. "Tell me everything you know about werewolves!"