"What gives? I don't see anyone on the ship." he said leaning over the guardrail.

"It doesn't really look like a pirate ship either." said Franky.

Chopper dashed forward to hop up on the guardrail next to Usopp with panic-stricken eyes. "Could it be marines?!"

"...Ah, wait! There's someone coming out!" said Usopp.

Suddenly, a tall man with blonde wavy hair emerged onto the wooden deck. He was wearing a black top hat, and wrapped around the hat, was a pair of blue goggles that Luffy vaguely recognized.

Where have I seen those goggles before...

With the ship now a short distance away, the crew held their ground. All except for Robin, who Nami noticed had a huge smile plastered on her face.

"Robin?" asked Nami.

The raven-haired archeologist merely winked at her in return. Raising a thin brow in question at her friends response, Nami then carefully eyed the man.

Luffy made his way towards the guardrail with his arms crossed over his chest and studied the blonde man who was now a few feet away. He was smiling and proceeded to take off his hat. The raven-haired captain now had a better view of the man's face. He had a scar over his left eye and he looked not much older than Luffy.

"Oi! Who're you?" asked Luffy sternly.

The man only smiled widely in return, thing that left the crew puzzled. Watching the scene unfold, Robin raised her hand over her mouth and giggled as she stood beaming at the blonde-haired man. Looking over at her, the man raised his hand in response.

"Yo, Robin!"

Luffy tilted his head and looked back at Robin, highly confused.

"Oi, Robin. You know him?"

"Does my own Outoto not recognize me?" he asked while slowly stepping forward, his smile only growing considerably wider.

"Outoto?!" He spat back. "Listen, I dunno who you are but there are only two people who can call me that and that's the late Ace and someone else who died a long time ago named "Sabo".

Wait... why does this guy have Sabo's goggles?

He immediately furrowed his eyebrows and as he glanced over the man again, realization slowly crept in.

"S-S-Sa..." he trailed off and his eyes became the size of saucers. He furiously shook his head in denial and took a few steps back.

There's no way...

"Did you know... we can become brothers if we exchange a cup of sake?"  he asked, his smile never faltered, it only threatened to leave his face.

Luffy's jaw hung open and he felt a flood of tears collect in his eyes. He swallowed the lump that had formed in the back of his throat and began to whimper, his lips violently quivering.

"...SABO??!!"

He stretched both his rubbery arms out to wrap them around the blonde-haired man, pulling him into a ferociously tight hug with a 'snap' and began to wail uncontrollably.

The crew watched the two with shocked expressions as Luffy sobbed all over his shoulder, completely drenching the man's jacket with tears and snot. They had no idea who this person was after all, except for Robin anyway.

"S-sabo!! I thought y-you were dead!! I l-let Ace get killed, Sabo! Ace is d-dead!" Luffy completely broke down, he struggled to speak coherently due to the choked sobs and wailing that escaped him.