Chapter 6- School Girl

The next day, I made Leah some breakfast and took her to school. Since she was only comfortable when she was next to me, I could stay with her the whole day. When we got into the school, the principle introduced himself to Leah. I already knew who he was since I had gone to his school before. He called a boy to his office to help Leah meet new people. The boy was the boy from that animal shelter where we got Kitty the other day.

The boy told us his name was Jason. He stuck out his hand to shake Leah's but she put her head on my shoulder.

"Locket... I'm scared.", she told me. She hugged me tightly. The principle spoke.

"Don't worry Leah. Everyone is excited to meet you. The kids here are very nice. Locket is gonna stay with you the rest of the day and tomorrow, if there's ever a problem or you feel scared. Just tell Jason and he'll bring to my office and Locket can pick you up."

"Locket can't stay tomorrow?", she looked at me sadly.

"I have school too Leah. Don't worry tomorrow I'll pick you up right when you ask me too."

"I want you stay.", she cried softly on my chest.

"C'mon." I stood her up. "Let's go meet your classmates."

She pulled my hand when I tried to walk out the door and she pulled me closer to her.

"I... can't do.", she was really scared. It was hard for me to look at her crying and make her do what she couldn't do. I picked her up and carried her to the classroom and put her down. She hugged me and started shaking.

Jason opened the door and Leah's new Homeroom teacher Ms. C introduced herself to Leah and I. I had never seen Ms. C when I was at this school. Leah took 2 steps in the classroom and when all the kids stared at her, she jumped into my arms.

"It's ok Leah. I promise, nothing will happen. After this, we can go buy some ice cream.", I told her as I stroked her hair. She looked up at me.

"Really?", she asked.

"Yep. We'll get you your favorite flavor Vanilla.", I promised her

She grabbed my hand and brought me inside the classroom. She held on tightly. She quickly moved to a seat in the back of the classroom. She only looked at me and didn't look at anybody else. She hid behind my back. I could feel her chest rubbing against my back. Yeah, that's how close she was. She avoided looking at her new classmates. She was too shy to even look at them. The whole class was staring at us as I moved to a counter in the back of the classroom. I thought Leah would sit down, but she ran right next to me. Ms. C had put name cards on the desk so Leah could figure out who everyone is. To the right of her seat a girl named Kenz was sitting there. She had lonf, curly, blomde hair and sapphire blue eyes. She had the exact same skirt as Leah. A grey skirt with teddy bears. To the left of her seat, was Jason's seat. Ms. C continued class.

"So class, what is the answer to 7b + 5?", she asked the class. No one answered her.

"12b.", Leah said softly as she pulled my shirt almost ripping it. For someone who talked like a 6 year old, she was good at math. The entire class, she would just whisper the answer into my ear. Until, Ms.C heard one of her answers.

"What's that Leah?" ,she asked Leah. Leah froze up as the entire class looked at her. She wasn't used to this kind of attention.

"13 t-teddy b-bears." ,Leah answered. I knew she could do that. It just took some time.