Chapter 2

Dj Subatomic had woken up around the same time for the past two weeks, 2:29 am, every single fucking night. With the same nightmare every single time. At this point, he had started getting used to waking up to having a panic attack. His sleep schedule was taking a toll, as he started staying up later, trying to avoid sleep altogether to avoid having the nightmare. He stopped texting Neon to help after the second night, not feeling like he should be bothering him about the same thing every night while he has a team to manage. He hadn't gotten any work done, despite all of the free time that he got. He had ignored multiple calls from Tatiana until his phone had eventually died and he hadn't bothered to charge it again. He looked over at the clock sitting on the nightstand, trying to read to time through the tears on his helmet, all he could figure out was a two and a five. Maybe, it had gotten to the point where he wouldn't sleep at all. He had lost almost all sense of time over the.. Week? Week and a half? He really didn't know anymore it was somewhere around there.

Neon J had started getting worried about Subatomic after about three days of not leaving the room. He walked over to Subatomic's room and knocked on the door, pulling out his phone and checking the time, 2:35.

"Nova? Are you in there? I don't need you to explain anything- I just need you to say something." His voice was softer than it usually was, trying to not let the worry leak through. Subatomic panicked at the sudden noise and fell off his bed, trying to cover his chest with his hoodie that he was looking at and feeling like he shouldn't be allowed to be called a man for his chest having scars. He landed on the ground with a thud, making a noise of pain.

"Y-yea, I'm fine J. You should be asleep by now." Subatomic quietly yelled, his voice cracking slightly from crying. Neon sighed, starting to open the door.

"Nova... are you okay?"

"Yes- I told you I'm fine-" He said, curling in on himself and wrapping the hoodie tighter around his body. Neon hesitated for a moment, thinking of how to approach this before speaking.

"Is it ok if I open the door Nova?.." Subatomic thought for a moment, sighing.

"Yea I guess..." Neon opened the door and walked over to Subatomic,

"This isn't just about what happened anymore, is it?... There's more than just the crash?" Subatomic nodded ever so slightly, still not looking up. He didn't feel like looking up to Neon J, not in the state he was in now. Neon nodded and sat down in front of Subatomic, grabbing his hands, and stopping him from digging his nails deeper into his side.

"Do you want to talk about it, Nova?.. Or do you just want to sit here for a while?"

"Can you just.. Sit with me?" Neon J nodded and scooted over to sit next to him. He grabbed Subatomic's hand, holding his hand tightly.

"Yea it's fine Nova.. You can tell me when you're ready or you don't have to tell me at all.." He glanced over Subatomic's body, noticing his posture.

"Also, just so you know, you're just as much of a man as anyone else Nova." He ran his thumb over subatomic's hand, it easily being engulfed by his. Subatomic froze and didn't move, tilting his head as to how neon knew.

"How did you- Why do you-" Neon tilted his head,

"What? How did I what?" Subatomic turned his head to look at Neon.

"How did-...Nothing..nevermind...Thank you J.." Neon decided not to push it further, leaning slightly further into Nova's side, trying to keep his monitor angled away from stabbing Nova in the side. Nova went tink. Neon j looked up confused.

"Did- did you just-" Neon started stuttering. Subatomic looked away, smiling to himself.

"I have no idea as to what you're talking about."