🔪ᶜʰᵘᶜᵏʸ🔪

🔪ᶜʰᵘᶜᵏʸ🔪

"Good morning, my Nancy and Nelson Drews. It's October 31st! In most cities, Halloween means ghosts and goblins, candy and costumes, a night when young and old alike can give free expression to their inner ids from magical unicorns to slutty zombies.

But here in Hackensack, Halloween also means bloodshed and butchery. That's because, historically speaking, violence in our fair city has always spiked on Halloween. Maybe it's because we celebrate it all day long here.

Remember the year a group of deranged trick-or-treaters broke into the Candy Emporium downtown? It wasn't pretty. And who can forget just last year, when Ms. Fairchild sliced her hand carving pumpkins? She ended up with 15 stitches! Plus, this year, Halloween just happens to fall on a full moon, another sign of doom and destruction. So tonight, my detectives, be on the lookout for all kinds of shit to really hit the fan.

This is Delaney Evans bringing you... "Laney's Broadcast".

🔪🔪🔪

Delaney made her way towards her locker, leaning against it, waiting for Jake. She wanted to tell him she was sorry for his loss and that she knew how it felt. Just then she saw Lexy and Junior walking down the hall together holding hands.

The podcaster felt sick just watching them together. Junior was guessing what costume Lexy was gonna wear, making her agitated.

"So what is it? Hot Hermione? Hot Hit-Girl? Hot harlot?" Junior asked his girlfriend.

"Down, bae, it's a surprise. But I promise you it's gonna be hot." Lexy says.

Delaney rolls her eyes. She and Junior made eye contact for a moment before the latter looked away. She sighed and crossed her arms. She then noticed Jake walking away from his locker across from her. Wait, when did he get there? He must've arrived when she was too busy staring at Junior.

"Jake, hey," Delaney greets him, stepping in front of him.

"Hi," Jake greeted.

Delaney opened her mouth to say more, but nothing came out. "Jake," She put her hand on his shoulder, stopping him from leaving. "I'm sorry for your loss,"

"Thanks, I really appreciate it." Jake gives her a small smile.

"I've been thinkin' about you," Delaney says, trying not to blush from how flirty her sentence sounded.

"You have?" Jake asks softly.

"About what you've been going through," Delaney corrects herself. "My dad died when I was nine."

"Yeah, I remember," Jake informs.

Delaney began walking with him down the hall. "I think the worst part is what it did to me and my mom. When I was little, we were super close, but now we barely even talk. I think I remind her of him, you know? The point is, I would have never gotten through it without therapy. Ever since I lost him, no one's really been around to check my temper, I guess that scares other people,"