Chapter 2 -Shadow Me-

**THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS PROFANITY**

Monday, November 12th, 7:10 a.m.

Daniel

I sat in the principal's office, tapping my foot impatiently against the iron desk that set, unmovable, in front of me. The rubber toe of my sneaker creating a dull thud as it rhythmically and nervously hit against the back of it. The principal had gone into the document room to find my student file. This was my fourth fight this school year. It wasn't my fault everyone in this school is a dumbass. You don't get in my way, I don't break your face. Easy as that.

Nonetheless, if my foster parents find out that this happened again, I'll be the one being rushed to the hospital, not Henry Vince. I just hope that the principal, Mr. Novatni, shows me some type of mercy. I mean he must take pity on me at some point in time, right?

I've been in this school for four years, and thank God it's my last. In my past four years I've been in the office 152 times and suspended 25 times.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not bragging and I know this is going to follow me forever, but it's not my fault everyone and everything pisses me off. The only thing that calms me down is thinking about Valerie. That is until I realize that she doesn't even know my name and I punch a wall.

I heard the door open slowly. Mr. Novatni walked in as he flipped through my file, shaking his head. He was silent as he walked behind his desk, closed the folder, and plopped himself on his leather black chair.

I stared after him as I started fidgeting in my seat. "Daniel," he started.

"George," I spoke back.

He looked at me dryly and sighed, "Daniel, this is starting to get out of control. Honestly, we have given you all the punishments in the book. Suspension, detention, community service, spending the afternoon with Ms. Wellington."

I wrinkled my nose in disgust, "Don't even remind me of that." I grunted. "That was the worst day of my life. Her blind eye and awful hearing did not help either."

"And yet you fail to improve." he stated. "Our school board is starting to consider expulsion."

My eyes flew open and I straightened my posture frantically. "No!" I yelled. "You can't do that! John and Jennifer will literally kill me!"

Mr. Novatni put his hand up to get me to stop talking. "Don't fret." he spoke calmly. "Believe it or not, I've grown to fancy you, Daniel. You remind me of myself when I was your age. I was always in trouble. Luckily, my principal snapped some sense into me before it was too late."

I rolled my eyes at his 'When-I-Was-Young' story. "Your point?" I interrupted him.

"My point is that I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt." he summarized.

I smiled, jumped up from my seat and started strolling towards the door to leave his office. "Thanks old man!" I called back.

"Stop." He ordered. I stopped in my tracks. "Rewind." he commanded. I started walking backwards. "Sit." I slowly sat down on the fabric chair I was priory sitting in. "Giving you the benefit of the doubt certainly does not mean you're off the hook." I looked at him blankly and he sighed. "We have a new student coming in today-"

I grunted. "I know where this is going." I mumbled.

"He is to shadow you for the day." he acknowledged.

I folded my arms and looked at him through my eyelashes, "No," I retorted. "There is no way in hell I'm doing that."

"Daniel," he whined, running his fingers through his grey hair. I'm almost positive I gave him those gray hairs, knowing how when I first came here, four years ago, he had a full head of chestnut brown hair.