𝐱𝐢𝐢. 𝐮𝐩 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐦𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐠𝐞

Start from the beginning

"But the Crown is not at war." Rhaenyra stated with furrowed brows and a hint of confusion in her statement.

"The Crown... is at war, Princess." Lady Ceira corrected. "Though your father refuses to admit it, we've been dragged into it by your uncle and The Sea Snake." She added.

"And how have you served the realm of late Lady Redwyne, by eating cake?" Rhaerys asked as she folded her palms in front of her whilst looking down at the woman who had been seated beside where she stood.

Everyone settled into silence at the word of the Princess. Rhaerys latched onto Rhaenyra's hand who in return squeezed her hand tightly to show her support and affection before the two of them turned and left the ladies where they sat.

Rhaerys soon got separated from her twin when people wanted to greet each of them.

Rhaerys walked the grounds outside as she searched for her sister when she paused in her steps at the sound of a voice speaking to her.

"I wonder, Princess..." A male voice spoke. Rhaerys turned to the voice to see a man with blonde hair seated as he looked up at the sky with squinted eyes from the brightness of the sun. "Was your own second name day as grand as this?" He asked.

"I honestly don't recall and neither will Aegon." Rhaerys said with amusement.

The man then stood, towering over Rhaerys' short stance. "Lord Jason Lannister." The man introduced himself, receiving a nod of recognition form Rhaerys.

"I gathered that from all the lions." Rhaerys said as she observed his armor which held the Lannister sigil.

"I don't think we've been properly introduced." He said, before suddenly snapping his fingers towards a nearby man who held drinks.

With a click of her tongue, Rhaerys rolled her neck in impatience. She wanted to see her sister. And now.

"Your twin serves on my father's council." Rhaerys said as she sighed up at the man who had begun to pour a cup of wine.

"Tyland is... frightfully dull, gods love him." Jason said as he smiled down at Rhaerys. "The finest honeyed wine you'll ever taste." He added as he offered out the cup to Rhaerys, which she took. "Made in Lannisport, of course." He added just as Rhaerys went to take a sip.

"Of course." Rhaerys sighed before lifting the cup to her lips once more.

"The Kingswood, it's fine hunting ground." Jason said. "But the best spot is to be found at Casterly Rock, near my home." He added as the two looked amongst the crowd, Rhaerys still searching for Rhaenyra. "Have you been?" Jason asked her.

"Once..." Rhaerys thought. "On tour, with my mother when I was young, and honestly can't recall much of that either." She added with a false smile.

"The Tock is thrice the brightest of the Hightower in Oldtown, taller still than the Wall in the north. It's been said that if one were to stand in the tower... on the perfect day, one could see clear across the Sunset Sea." Jason said as he shifted Rhaerys' attention elsewhere and stepped behind her.

"It must be quite something." Rhaerys muttered. Not seeing as so how Jason observed her rather inappropriately from behind.

"I don't have a Dragonpit, of course, but... I do have the means and resources to build one." Jason said as he turned his attention back to the Princess's face as she turned to face him with furrowed brows.

"Why would you need a Dragonpit?" Rhaerys questioned in confusion.

"To house dragons, of course." Jason said, as if it was most obvious "I'd do anything for my Queen... or lady wife." He added as a smirk took place upon his lips.

Rhaerys stared up at Jason Lannister and couldn't help the look of disgust that marred her face, which he had seen to overlook.

With a sigh and a shake of her head, Rhaerys pushed the wine cup into Jason's hands. "Thank you for the wine." She said with a false smile before walking away. Leaving the Lannister where he stood as she marched back to give her father a rather good talking to.

"Is that what I am to you?" Rhaerys asked as she marched up to her father, interrupting his conversation. "A prize to proffer about the the great houses?" She spat.

"You are of age, Rhaerys." Viserys said after a moment as he closed the distance between himself and his daughter. "And Jason Lannister is an excellent match." He added.

"He's arrogant and self-serious." Rhaerys whispered harshly.

"Well, I thought you might have that in common." Viserys muttered back just as harsh. Rhaerys stared up at her father in shock. "Since you came of age, I've been slowly drowning in a lake of parchment flung from every corner of the realm. Marriage proposals, all." He said as his voice slowly raised. "And I have tried often to discuss it with you. But you've refused me at every turn." He added, catching the attention of others.

"That is because I do not wish to get married." Rhaerys stressed.

"Even I do not exist above tradition and duty, Rhaerys!" Viserys shouted. Ceasing all conversation at once.

Just as Rhaerys was to shout back, Otto Hightower stepped in.

"Excuse me, Your Grace." He said, causing them to stop and observe the people who had been imposingly listening.

"You must marry." Viserys said. Rhaerys stared at her father silently as tears filled her eyes.

"Yes?" Viserys asked as he turned his attention to his Hand.

"The royal huntsman has sent a report, Your Grace. There's been a sighting of a white hart. The stag is "The King of the Kingswood." Your Grace. A regal portent for Prince Aegon's name day." Otto explained.

Viserys laughed slightly, and looked around for Rhaerys, only to see that she had not been there anymore.

note: the way viserys offered rhaenyra up to jason like she was the most eligible bachelor was crazy 🤦🏾‍♀️

let me get to work on these chapters.

p.s. i honestly love how i match the gifs with the setting of each chapter. but it's hard finding gifs of freya allan from the witcher that aren't all the same.