Our Little Spot - Mountain (Fluff)

You flattened out your skirt, looking around the polished door that you were always afraid of. Ever since you moved into the ministry, you'd heard horror stories of females disappearing after walking too close to the door when the timing was worst, siblings hearing terrible noises. Especially at night, a full moon and hungry growls echoing through the halls.

They were ghouls, of course they would be scary. But as time lead on, it seemed that Copia only excused you working closer to him, paperwork and letters sent between him and Sister Imperator never failed to keep your feet running. And he only picked you. He and Sister Imperator would wait day and night to send those letters till you could be the one exchanging them.

And you started to catch on to the way his drummer was near in those times he handed sheets of inked-up paper back and forth. And said drummer was always looking at you. And during the later hours, when he was to head to the dining hall or excuse himself to bed, he's follow you.

It had come a long time to get him to ask you out. Copia had given him the starting point and your soft smiles gave him the push.

Now here you were, having asked permission to disobey normal attire at such late hours. Though it was only to leave the church completely. A loose sweater over a thin turtleneck kept the chill mostly out, black boots and tights keeping your legs warm.

And there he was. Living up to his name.

Mountain opened the door softly, barely hearing the whisper of it opening. And he towered over you as per usual before cracking a smile from under his mask.

"Mountain.." you muttered with adoration, and his heart only throbbed in his chest.

He didn't even bother to peak behind himself before he closed the door and stepped closer to you. It didn't matter what your height could've ever been, what only mattered was the fact that even if you decided heels were your go-to for a date, he would still be taller than you.

Chin tilted upwards, you watched him fumble with his hands while so clearly avoiding your eyes. You hadn't expected to see his face, to be completely honest, it was weird thinking about it. But sometimes you lie in bed, thinking about what the shape of his real horns looked like, what his face could be, if not the image of pure beauty. And his hair? You would bet your whole life savings that it was the softest thing you'd ever feel.

Mountain has asked you out for a date days before now, the blush on his face only visible on the tip if his nose, but you could practically feel the heat of it in your own face.

Of course you had said yes.

Now here you grabbed his hand in your smaller ones, smiling softly up at where his eyes were barely showing and pulled him towards you as you backed a bit.

And the moment you got moving, he took the lead. He'd promised to show you something nobody else had ever seen from him. Something that would make you openly special to him.

The stars were like the spotlights he was used to, but Lucifer, they all shined on you instead of him. If you'd even be allowed on a stage, the crowd would faint to see you practically glowing. Mountain had remembered why he went for you, the moment he saw you his senses had gone crazy, like his nose would close if he didn't get to scent you.

He itched to touch you for weeks.

So now, as he lead you to his favorite spot ever, he gripped your hand like you'd slip away and be blown into the wind. Though, to him, you were delicate enough to pull something like that off.

Deep in a valley, where the grass was the tallests and tickled your knees, barely running along his own, he found a patch of grass where the tall blades became smaller and flowers spotted the land. Yellow and pink, green stems richer than any plants in the land. He tended to this patch much more - after he found out your interest in him was the same.

You walked before him, the moment he dreaded coming when your soft hand slipped from his own and to your side. He watched you look around, eyes wide and gorgeous.

"They're so small," he muttered into your ear, leaning down to be closer to your scent. You tilted your head in his direction, his next words making you melt, "Like you. You're my flower."

You giggled softly at his words, "Yours? Already Mounty?"

He coughed and straightened himself out again, caught red handed in his words. Fuck, he shouldn't have said that, should he? That was a bad idea, he should've just called you pretty, as it was the only thought that drifted through his talented mind before those words slipped out.

"I meant- well I meant that-"

You turned to him with a wide grin, wrapping yours arms around the arm that now bended for him to pick at his nails in front of himself. Your fingers dug softly into the black fabric of the sleeves, looking up at him with the same eyes he saw when your scent grew stronger. Whenever you looked up at him with so much love in your eyes he swore he'd loved you for years.

Fuck, even if you weren't his now, to him you would always be his. And you were always his.

"Shh, just please, let's sit down," you whispered, kissing his bicep in a soft way that made him oblige in an instance.

Crossing your legs, you sat down in front of him, and he fell to the ground with you, copying the way you sat even though you knew his favorite sitting position was with his legs spread out. You couldn't have imagined what it would be like ever sleeping in a bed with him sprawled that wide. But there would always be room in the middle of his legs.

"I've never shown anyone this. Not even Papa," Mountain said, the fiddling of hands in his lap coming back, "But he knew. And he told me- he told me you'd love it."

Your lips curled a bit wider than they had already been and reached over to disassemble his hands and slip your fingers into the middle of each of his. You held both of his hands, moving so your knees knocked against his with every little movement. This made him nervous, way more than you could tell, but he was so excited to have you like this.

"It took some thinking, I didn't want you to dislike it. But you're different," Mountain squeezed your hands a bit tighter, "You're a special human."

You smirked, "I thought I was a flower?"

Mountain grunted at your teasing and leaned in a little closer, "You're a special human, but you're my flower."

You tilted your head up at him, looking down at his dark lips, teeth peaking from the part of them. He knew what you wanted the moment your eyes shot back up to his.

Though it was a bit awkward due to his mask, he leaned into the space between your mouths and kissed you with passion. Passion enough to make your mind foggy enough to forget the bulky leather pressing against your cheek.

You had pinned after Mountain first though. And he'd never know about the day you poured your heart out to Cardinal Copia in the confessional. The day your chores turned from helping out the Sisters in the kitchen to being a messenger.